• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

HC FPS gamer here, a few suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that's my plan when I get to play this Weds. Work always getting in the way!!!! :mad: lol
You might actually benifit from spectating a few matches, tactical movement is key to surviving in RO, so try following some experianced players around in Spectator mode and observe what they do, you could probably learn a lot just from that.

Upvote 0
No I don't want that, you guys sure assume anyone who doesn't agree with the clique on everything is some half retarded guy drooling over his copy of CoD. I want to make sure that every weapon has it's strength and it's weakness. Nothing more.

knighted I played COD every since the very first one,and I played competively for 5 years till WAW came out,but WAW never peaked in the competitive gaming so I never got into it,although I did played it.I'm guilty for not buying MW2 and BO,this 2 titles were/are abomination to what vCOD and UO used to be...
I played RO only for 3 months or so,and if any of these guys here played with or against me they'll tell you that I sure dont play as a newbster COd player....My points per game vary from 100-250 max and those are usual for veterans.

So if you look by who bleeds COD blood,its me that bleeds COD,I loved those series until they they started to change into console bad ports.

All of RO vets here when they say " ah you are COD gamer you know nothing of RO" they mean for the todays COD title gamers,vCOD took skills to play in competitive cause that game was made with realism in mind,but not up to point of the realism of ROOST.

i tell you what,and trust me on this one,spend those 5 bucks,buy RO,and I'll make sure to help you get the hang of the game "if you want".

Upvote 0
I've been PC gaming since Oregon trail and Number Eaters. I played and competed in CoD and UO, and CoD2. I also played RO quite a bit. I read his post correctly, and I disagree with him. I'm not confused by anything he said.

Ok so you have been playing RO...are you still playing it? if not,whats keeping you from playing it if I may ask? I mean we cant be playing all day long we have stuff to do: go to work,go out with friends,hang out with gf,go to the gym etc etc etc...Just want to know if you still playing RO?

Upvote 0
Anyone know if it will be SLI capable game? Just curious.

You can find answer on that question in Unreal Tournament 3 performance tests.

http://www.ninjalane.com/reviews/video/gts450sli/page6.aspx

gts450sli_chart74-1.png

9800gtxut3jf7.png

So results are quite nice, however you must remember that cpu can limit your final Sli performance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
wow those are some nice results in FPS with 2 cards,I got the 5770 and can go for another one for great results but,my route will be upgrading without buying new mobo to:

-6 core AMD unlocked
-2 ATI 6950 4gb ram in together
-27 inch Acer ultra thin LCD

and this upgrade will be for the next 5-6 years,means I might add SSD for booting down the road,thats if I get spoiled and I want W7 to boot faster.

Upvote 0
I'm running a Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition, and let me tell you, it is completely worth it. I went from a Dual Core to this, and I love it.
currently running AMD 965 quad,the only time I will see a difference in game if I buy the 1090 or 1100 6 cores is when games actually start utilising 6 cores,I can see this coming maeby in 4-5 years but not any sooner,so I'll upgrade the CPU to 1090T when I see the price dropping down to $150 which will happen when bulldozer comes out.

Damn the old road map of AMD showed bulldozer to be AM3 socket not AM3+!!!!!!!!! so no bulldozer for me as I was planning....but the 6 core with the 2x6950 4gb and 27 inch LCD,thats a gaming monster for long time to come,to be honset if after 6 years handles games good I still keep it,and to tell you the truth its an awesome build,need to post some pics here but dont want those pic to be out of bounds from the website rules.

Upvote 0
currently running AMD 965 quad,the only time I will see a difference in game if I buy the 1090 or 1100 6 cores is when games actually start utilising 6 cores,I can see this coming maeby in 4-5 years but not any sooner,so I'll upgrade the CPU to 1090T when I see the price dropping down to $150 which will happen when bulldozer comes out.

Damn the old road map of AMD showed bulldozer to be AM3 socket not AM3+!!!!!!!!! so no bulldozer for me as I was planning....but the 6 core with the 2x6950 4gb and 27 inch LCD,thats a gaming monster for long time to come,to be honset if after 6 years handles games good I still keep it,and to tell you the truth its an awesome build,need to post some pics here but dont want those pic to be out of bounds from the website rules.

From what I've read/heard, BFBC2 can use atleast 6 cores, and apparently the Frostbite 2.0 engine can even utilize 8 (for any jackass with that much extra money lying around). Either way, my dual core wasn't cutting it and needed an upgrade, better now then never. On a side note I bought a 24' HDMI when I got the new processor, and I have to say, when I first bought it I thought it was almost too big. It takes a while to adjust, I really couldn't imagine a 27'.

Upvote 0
From what I've read/heard, BFBC2 can use atleast 6 cores, and apparently the Frostbite 2.0 engine can even utilize 8 (for any jackass with that much extra money lying around). Either way, my dual core wasn't cutting it and needed an upgrade, better now then never. On a side note I bought a 24' HDMI when I got the new processor, and I have to say, when I first bought it I thought it was almost too big. It takes a while to adjust, I really couldn't imagine a 27'.
thats just people talking.... 6 cores CPU user will tell u that he only sees 50-60 % usage of his cpu when playing BC2,his 4 cores are fluctuating usage between 70-80% and reaching up to high 90's% when in loading...

My quad is at 70-80% while gaming,but my GPU a puny ATI 5770 get barelly 50% usage,now thats what I call bad coding,this sort of coding is made for consoles to strain CPU more than GPU....

BF3 supossed to be with FB2.0 and better coded,which I can think of straining more the GPU than the CPU as its itended to be...I doubt that there is any game engine out there that will take advantage more than 4 cores CPU,this goes for FB engine too,they probably will do that in about 4-5 years down the road....

Upvote 0
Sorry, I'm just a social bug, I enjoy talking to people from all over the world. It's always fun to meet new folks in the PC community. :D

Can anyone direct me where to start researching console tweaks? I don't see anything on Slash & Bash regarding Unreal engine stuff. I can help anyone with COD, no problem, but I don't know squat about the Unreal 3 engine. For expamle in COD you can adjust your max packets according to your FPS and connection. Can you do this in RO?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
LOL that's me in RO! lol...lol Yes good point Salti. If you want traffic on your server, it's a good policy to welcome them. I know there are a lot of hard core guys that like competition, but remember the grass roots guys. Someday they become those high level very serious guys. Keep it fun for everyone or you won't build a solid community of players that show up on the server every day. Just from my expirence.

I think ROHOS is in a very interesting position in that it will loose very few RO player's and stands only to gain new player's.
A good deal of how new player's re-act too the game depends on us.......

The first time a new player pulls a nade.....and looks dazed and confused as it land's at his feet....ripping 3 or 4 teams with him.....patience is called

The first time there tearing off across the map .....only too find there out of breath....under fire....and cant hit anything if they do manage a shot (nades going off like popcorn)....followed by all sorts of teamchat....patience :D

These guys dont have the 5 or more years of respect built up by you guys' for this game , and the truely immursive team game play that is possible with this game......have patience guys......when is it out march or something......too long :eek: :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.