• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"Snipers In History"

No the T34 was a better tank than the standard Panzer 3's and 4's, what the Germans had though was FM radios so they could pull off coordinated attacks, THAT was the main advantage of German tanks.

Of coarse, IS2 knows all, therefore FM radios are rendered obsolete, Mother Russia has no need for such inferior technology. :IS2:

Upvote 0
Well since this thread was necroed anyways I'll post it.

A bit too much bashing of Soviet A/C going on here... the LA5/LA7 were incredible aircraft at low altitude so much so that the Luftwaffe had a standing order to not to engage them at anything but higher altitudes.

That said their training was probably far poorer than the Germans' and most of their experienced pilots were probably killed when Russia *did* have far inferior in aicraft in '41.

Also, I'd take a Spit over a 109 any day of the week, what with the 109s elevators' locking up at high speed dives... 190 different story. But the Tempest and late war P-51s were a match for late war 190s easily. Not better than a Dora maybe, but more or less even.

Upvote 0
Russian snipers are the best in the world, history has shown that and Zaitzev had 450+ kills thats a fact and there were another 2 male Soviet Sniperser that killed 200+ Ger plus women snipers one who killed 300+ger.There are no Ger,US or British snipers that even have close to so many kills in ww2.that, one of my grandpas was a sniper in the 12 Guards, he killed 78 Ger soldiers and officers 29 of them were SS plus more than a dozen Ger civilians my other Grandpa was a IS 2 tank commander and his tank killed a king tiger, 4 tigers and 6panthers and 7other tanks and countless Ger inf and some civilians

lol, you know this song from Aerosmith "Dream On"?:troll:

Upvote 0
Also, I'd take a Spit over a 109 any day of the week, what with the 109s elevators' locking up at high speed dives... 190 different story. But the Tempest and late war P-51s were a match for late war 190s easily. Not better than a Dora maybe, but more or less even.
No offense (seriously not) but to make such definitive statements as "I'd take plane x over plane y any day of the week" without having ever flown any combat plane at all is a bit silly no?

I'd take a Strat over a Les Paul any day, oh wait I don't know how to play the guitar.

Last edited:
Reactions: kapulA
Upvote 0
No offense (seriously not) but to make such definitive statements as "I'd take plane x over plane y any day of the week" without having ever flown any combat plane at all is a bit silly no?

I'd take a Strat over a Les Paul any day, oh wait I don't know how to play the guitar.
I'm basing that on statements made in interviews by WW2 pilots who've flown both. (not replicas either, captured 109s/spits during the war)... same with tempests vs. 190s.

Now IN A GAME (IL-2) I'd prefer a 109K4 to a 25lbs. spit every time. But in reality, the K4 had a reputation for... well being a pile of shyte... unreliable etc. I wish I could find the links for this info but I can't recall where I read/saw the interviews.

Last edited:
Upvote 0