• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Localization

And thats the reason most people is so dumb here, that so few people understands english. Because they never had to try (even though english is a basic subject in school). And its also the reason why they refuse to buy anything that is not in spanish. This self centered nationalist mentality makes me sick.

Franco's not quite dead yet it seems :troll:

also yes to non-dubbing in most cases. In oz they have this brilliant cultural tv station, so we can get news and foreign films from everyone and the most they do is sub (with the occasional dub for war docos), so you can learn heaps of stuff in other languages to supplement the lessons :D

Upvote 0
I was in Spain on vacation awhile ago and hell, everything is dubbed , all movies you see , all international programs etc, everything they speak Spanish, not Spanish subtitles but Spanish language.. i wouldn't stand such stuff if that occurred over here in Sweden.

If the game voices and or a movie etc is/was dubbed into Swedish i'd get the international version , i just can't stand poorly added voices that are out of sync and immersion... for me it destroys the entire game/movie.

I know what you are talking about. I would so much rather watch a foreign language film that isn't dubbed. Somehow the film looses something of its character when dubbed...

Upvote 0
Am I the only "nut" btw that prefers English subtitles over ones in your native language when watching a movie that are neither english nor in your native one?

Nope, but if the original language is not English, it really doesn't matter, because they take their liberties too. (The English subtitles in Valkyria Chronicles are not really accurate, I understand some Japanese, and I can tell when the subtitles don't match the dialogue. In fact, sometimes, you can even tell with just a bit of common sense, no need to understand Japanese)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Am I the only "nut" btw that prefers English subtitles over ones in your native language when watching a movie that are neither english nor in your native one?

No i agree that English subtitles is something that i'd prefer as well, altho mostly i prefer no subtitles at all unless the movie is originally spoken in some other language than English of course.

Upvote 0
Oh my, I don't even know what that means. xD

And, I advice you guys against googling her name, just in case you had the curiosity to find out what kind of person becomes an idol here... Just don't.

Firstly, I have seen some of the garbage that comes out of oz idol, secondly, I 'watch' the Eurovision Song Conest :troll:

(ooohh how I wish you could make the trollface resize to the same as mighty is2 shell)

Upvote 0