• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Strange bug on CD Barracks

DarkHunt3r

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 24, 2011
This has only happened to me once, so I am not sure how repeatable it will be, I will check the error again next time it is possible for me to do so.

I was playing against one other person on Barracks in CD mode, and the server was set to 5 bots per side, in CD with bots most of the time when you die you take over one of the bots. After the map had started and I died, I took over a bot that was carrying an MG (DP-28) I don't like using the MG so ditched it and resorted to the pistol

I was behind the other human player, right behind, less than 1 meter, I aimed my pistol down the sights and fired all the rounds squarely into his back, and nothing happened, he did not see or hear me firing, he started to walk slowly down the room, I followed reloading, then emptied the gun into him again, using sights, and still nothing registered, I reloaded did the same again still no impact, he then spotted me and killed me.

I asked him if he had been hit at all, he said no and that he had not even heard me firing (this is a clan member of ours) so on the next round, I again died and spawned as the MG bot, ditched the MG, tried killing another bot, nothing, had to bash it to kill it, I tried shooting one of the bots on my own side, again nothing, so I shot the wall, no impacts at all hit the wall directly in front of me, I found another dead bot and picked up his rifle, again anything I fired at nothing registered.

I have never had anything like this happen before with bots, and it is different to when you sometimes empty a clip into a bot/player is close up and it doesn't register, in those circumstances you can normally hit at distance, this wouldn't register any shots after I took over the bot.

I play against bots every day when I am starting the server and never had this situation arise before

This is a noted issue that happens when you take over a MG bot(0012546), currently the effect will not occur when taking over bots of a different class.

Thanks for the update.

Do you know of the bug on Fallen Fighters where when you die you respawn with a MG but no pistol or grenade, no matter what class you had selected, you then have to reselect another class to get it back to normal or each subsequent round you will keep respawning with the heavy MG, this is only on CD by the way

Upvote 0
You know I remember that happening in an earlier build.
When did this last happen to you?

Hmmm has been a couple of weeks, perhaps the last patch has fixed it, to be honest I can't actually remember when, but it has been a while since I remember it happening. But then I haven't played much Fallen Fighters on CD recently

You could be right and it is fixed, I will try to get on our CD server later and see if it still happens and report back

Upvote 0