• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Question] Is it safe to uninstall the beta??

Choice

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 5, 2011
Because of ongoing issues that are similar to the beta- thus far- and because of the 1,899,900% fragmentation that steam ran prior to launching the full version-

I looked to see if the Beta was still installed and on my HD- even though it is no longer visible in the Steam menu- The beta is still installed and listed in my registry... There is no final RO2 shortcut on the desktop- just RO2 Beta..

Basically can I uninstall the beta with out compromising my RO2 final release or is there a reason to have 4.4gigs of files sitting on my drive?

I just baleeted the beta directory from steamapps/common or wherever it lives. Didn't think about uninstalling it. Got a few gigs back either way... :p

Edit
===
Retail release works just fine - better than most by the sound of all the gnashing of teeth & wringing of hands I've seeen lately...

Please tell me thats not how you 'uninstall' all of your games? If so your computer must be crying for a reformat or a major clean up.

Upvote 0
Haha! Actually I'm a sysadmin for a major corporate & not only do I 'usually' delete in the proper manner, I have an app that calls the undelete.exe & performs post-delete registry cleanup. Just had a brainfart, I guess, in my overkeen desire to lose the beta & fire up the retail. Dunno... I bet my PC is cleaner, faster & more optimised that your'n tho'... :p
</epeen>

Upvote 0