• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game Isnt Like ROOST

Centory

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 5, 2011
Thats a complaint I hear alot, if it was just like ROOST like all you people want it to be, it would just be re packaging it, do we really want to be like call of duty, IMOP I think the game is amazing and perfect and reminds me of ROOST enough and its basically a new game so i don't feel like im playing a game ive played alot with new guns (Call Of Duty) I love both games and the devs are the best ive seen and I cant thank them enough. AND to finish it off, it still has the feel of a realistic shooter with large maps like ROOST was.

HERE COMES DA HATE

IDK what people are talking about. I was a RO1 fanboy, been waiting for this game ever since I though ro1 graphics were aging.

and I LOVE! ro2, I have over 40 hours played, can't stop playing.

It seems what most people are complaining about or "minor" things like sway and zoom. Something so easy TWI can fix, or a mod can fix if TWI says it stays.

Its good though that people are complaining, if its such a big problem, maybe TWI will listen to the fans (which they usually do)

But I think as fans, and as TWI supporters we OWE TWI a chance on how to learn there new game. And atleast "TRY OUT" the new features.

If we still hate the game in the future, trying out the game and giving it an honest opinion (which mine is its AWESOME) then twi should change stuff around to please us.

Upvote 0
Exactly WHAT features were removed? Don't bother mention injuries, they work retartedly in both games.

I should of said people we're expecting features to be perfected. Injuries is one point. Along with ****... a bullet went through my hand... oh okay I'm still going to hold onto this gun! You cant say that wasn't a cool feature! Along with bayonets not being detachable, having a few pounds of steel on the end of your rifle would put it a little off balance, plus it was a "neato" feature.

I was just saying that some people were expecting the FEATURES (not anything else in the game!!!) to be:
RO1 + new stuff, not RO1 - unbroken stuff + new stuff.

Reactions: Leo4444 and Oook!
Upvote 0
I should of said people we're expecting features to be perfected. Injuries is one point. Along with ****... a bullet went through my hand... oh okay I'm still going to hold onto this gun! You cant say that wasn't a cool feature! Along with bayonets not being detachable, having a few pounds of steel on the end of your rifle would put it a little off balance, plus it was a "neato" feature.

I was just saying that some people were expecting the FEATURES (not anything else in the game!!!) to be:

Bayonets didn't have an effect on aiming in RO1 either. Injuries is something that would've been cool to have, I agree but still, it wasn't in ro1 either.

So no features have REALLY been removed. Yes, detachable bayo was neato, but a useless feature cos it had no downsides.

Upvote 0

The weight of the bayonet is negligible compared to the rest of the rifle.

Upvote 0
Well as long as people post there opinion with some evidence on why something should be changed its constructive critizism. and hopefully the devs don't get offended and find ways to better the game through these post. But from what im seeing people are being a little to....blunt on these subjects. Oh and demanding. I'm sure twi released the beta knowing people were going to give there 2 cents. In this case they got the whole damn p
piggy bank. But hopefully they take what we said and make the game better...for everyone. People just need to be open into trying the new version, instead of hating something that isn't the same. Because everybody knows if it was the same game with new graphics people would be posting that all over in the forum as well.

Upvote 0
One of the main things I liked about Ostfront was the weapon handling and balance. Firefights just don't seem as engaging in RO2, and kills feel less satisfying

Don't like the magic zoom or class limits, don't like lack of recoil or sway etc.

We'll see. I'm not giving up on it at all, it just feels like a watered down version of one of the best games i've ever played

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One of the main things I liked about Ostfront was the weapon handling and balance. Firefights just don't seem as engaging in RO2, and kills feel less satisfying

Don't like the magic zoom or class limits, don't like lack of recoil or sway etc.

We'll see. I'm not giving up on it at all, it just feels like a watered down version of one of the best games i've ever played

magic zoom is the sight as IRL as stated other times.........RO1 recoil was just funny and overpowered, see some youtube videos and you'll see.....weapon sway is the only thing I can agree with you, it should be more without stamina and a bit more with full stamina.......

Upvote 0
I don't really understand the arguements for carrying stuff over from RO1. Sure there could be a bit more of a penalty for aiming after running/moving, but that is really the only thing I can think off.

I can't remember if it was a mod or the standard RO1 that had shooting the gun out of a player's hand as a feature. To be quite honest it was terrible: if your hand was shot how do you just pick the gun up and shoot? If the gun was shot there is a fair possbility it was disabled by the shot.

No one really seems to mention how broken the player rendering was on some RO1 maps. There was quite a few when people could shoot you when your client wouldn't even display them on your screen. This is a fundamental flaw of a multiplayer FPS.

Also it is pretty obvious how the SMGs in RO1 handled didn't make sense. It wasn't realistic and in gameplay terms I find the concept of what would effectively be wrapping your leg around the barrel quite ridiculous.

The way I see RO2 is as a somewhat separate game. Sure it has it's flaws but it also has a great many strengths and one thing is for certain it does not play like a call of duty clone.

Upvote 0
Its more like Ro1 than any other game out there hands down(that's good enough for me).While not exactly like ost I never expected it to be being a good sequel requires it to be different.

In time many developers will make all fps's pretty much the same following the mainstream we can already see this in games (even the fabled bf3).I have had a blast! playing beta and I'm about as loyal/stubborn Ost fan as there is.

TWI has had a huge challenge trying to keep the loyal RO fans happy and making a game that's fun to play for newcomers.While they will never make everyone happy I think they have achieved a great game.I can only imagine how good it will be in say 2 years.

Upvote 0

There are definitely a lot less good, prolonged firefights over a single open area, or no mans land*. MGs had POWER in RO1, and could deny entire areas.

Last edited:
Upvote 0