• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I have a question about the aircrafts of RO2

This is a infantry first person shooter. Only aircraft in the game is a recon plane the commander can call (which is flown by AI). Only vehicles in this games are Tanks.

Actually, because its a 1st Person Shooter game, there shouldn't even be Recon Planes or Call-In Heavy Arty ( Mortar Barrage is ok ), as stuff like this takes place before a battle begins...Sigh TWI.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually, because its a 1st Person Shooter game, there shouldn't even be Recon Planes or Call-In Heavy Arty ( Mortar Barrage is ok ), as stuff like this takes place before a battle begins...Sigh TWI.
I don't think it's particularly unrealistic to have those elements. Battle itself changes the battlefield. The need for ongoing recon and softening the target ahead of the advancing line is very real, in my estimation.

Upvote 0

I think you underestimate the amount of airpower and artillery there was at the battle of Stalingrad.

Upvote 0
I believe there were cases in which the recon planes relayed information via flying low and slow with megaphones. Certainly the tactic was used by the Russians to encourage the surrender of the Germans.

I'd also assume that either visual or radio signals were used and relayed to observers or radio operators.

Upvote 0