• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

When dreams are plaing with you...

MILK

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Czech
2m.toh.cz
Today we played friendly war with SUOMI. It was on the map Jucha. I remember only last few moments when we were attacking and captured last three points. It was realy amazing game and I was happy that it I had a chance to play this map again after such long time. I jumped to RO:Ladder web and noticed that murhis (leader of clan SUOMI) written a newspost about this match (they won 3:2 over us, yeah strange outcome)... I was surprised because i did not know that he is ROL admin/newsposter. So I added my comment to article... "This is when dreams come true".
From that moment everything went wrong, my colleague from work told me some strange console command so I was able to change display of 3D weapon to some wierd view and gun was rotating around horizontal axis only, I was again on Jucha but at one moment some strange wooden hovercraft flew by me. I was surprised to see any wehicle on Jucha (maybe mapper added there some for fun) so I searched for them and I saw realy strange wehicles so I tryed to jump one one of them...

... then I realized that all this was realy only dream... I left in my bed for few minutes with closed eyes and doing my best to remember as much as possible since dreams usualy disapear like a smoke in a wind... thats why I remember only last part of our match there :).

What is the funniest part of this story that everything was absolutely correct until moment when I written my post ... "This is when dreams come true"... :D

Last edited:
Most people lose their ability to dream (not just nightly dreams) when they become adults... :(

I dont think its true, we all have dreams but as adults we tend to forget them completly when we wake. I remember only torn fragments. Queitus, I dont care about whats cool or not so tell me tell me tellme tellme tellme tellmetellmetellme pleeeeease tellme. :)

Upvote 0
The trick is to wake up about 1 or 2 hours before you normaly would, then get out of bed and wake yourself slightly (due to the cold) then climb back into you're cosy bed and you'll soon doze into a shallow sleep full of drams (I meant dreams but possibly drams as well:D)

Interestingly I find that time becomes very slow and the "dream time" you experince is far longer than the acctual time, after a "solid" dream of a whole day I will wake up to find only 5-10mins have passed, though I can remember every event of a full day... Now if I could only work out how to make my brain work so fast when awake:confused:

Upvote 0