• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Horrible Framerate on Good System

LordFendleberry

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 18, 2011
I'll preface with my hardware lineup: I am running an AMD Phenom X2 3.0 GHz quad-core processor, 4GB of RAM, and an HD Radeon 5770 (soon to be 6870) with 1GB DDR5 VRAM. My system far exceeds the suggested system requirements that were posted by Tripwire, and I still only get 20 fps while playing RO2. Just out of curiosity I put the visual settings on their lowest and still had huge dips in my framerate for no apparent reason. on top of that, maps take ages to load. I know all my drivers are up to date. I am not the only person who's had this problem. Is Tripwire working on optimizing this game? I'm really starting to regret putting down the money for a pre-order.

I'm also having similar problems, except i have an AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE as well as the same set up as you have, and I too am getting bog standard frame rates, both in multi and in single player modes. I know its not my system so could anybody maybe put up some solutions?
(Also, lowest settings are not a fix for this, I've tried, no difference between Low and High.)

Upvote 0
Same problem here...
In the first release of the beta i havent had this problem...it is horrific since they added punkbuster :mad:
I can play on low settings on a server under 50 ping does nothin'...
Fps can drop to 20-10...results in teleportation or death then i get frustrated...
This game is just a glitch nest :p
I had more fun playing the beta than the final release

Upvote 0
I'll preface with my hardware lineup: I am running an AMD Phenom X2 3.0 GHz quad-core processor, 4GB of RAM, and an HD Radeon 5770 (soon to be 6870) with 1GB DDR5 VRAM. My system far exceeds the suggested system requirements that were posted by Tripwire, and I still only get 20 fps while playing RO2. Just out of curiosity I put the visual settings on their lowest and still had huge dips in my framerate for no apparent reason. on top of that, maps take ages to load. I know all my drivers are up to date. I am not the only person who's had this problem. Is Tripwire working on optimizing this game? I'm really starting to regret putting down the money for a pre-order.

What graphics settings & resolution are you playing at when you get 20fps?

Your video card does not far exceed the recommended specs, it scraps past by a fraction or falls short depending how you compare it.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

I do think the recommend specs should be increased.. but this is the same for all games.

Regarding map load times, what speed HDD do you have?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
do Tripwire actually provide technical support to people? or is it just up to us to help each other out

How is this relevant to this thread?

LordFendleberry does not give any of the important information for anyone to be able to help him.. what do you expect Tripwire to do? Pay him a visit at home?

He might be playing on Ultra at a huge resolution, with a 2TB 5,400 HDD that is defragged to hell...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
don't really care if it's not relevant this thread, quite a few people have been posting some serious issues and no one is here to help them, bit of a slap in the face in my view.

As for the OP, he has given his PC specs and even stated he dropped all settings to low.

20fps on that kind of machine is not right, my system is weaker and i play at 30fps, have you messed with any settings in your ATI panel? I have Nvidia so don't know for sure but i guess ATI would also have a control panel of some sort.

Reactions: Colt .45 killer
Upvote 0
I'm no expert but a 5770 is a low end graphics card. Instead of getting a 6870 try and get a 5870. It may be a previous generation card but is more poweful than a 6870 as ATI changed the way they number cards. 9 is now top end instead of 8. And grapics cards haven't improved massivly in the latest year.

Upvote 0
you mentioned pre order, did you play the beta at all?

If so some people have been experiencing some major problems due to remaining beta files that the full game still uses.

These are located in something like C:./Documents/MyGames/Ro2

Try backing up these files then deleting them, verifying your game should re download them. You will have to set all of your controls & gfx settings again. post back here if that improves it at all.

Also for a card about that powerfull set everything at medium or lower TOPS.

lastly if it improves with the earlier suggestion, go look on the General forums area for the tweak thread, and do the texture streaming tweak, increase the memory from ~140 to anywhere between 300 - 400. That bought me an extra 10-15 fps.

Hope some of those help.

Upvote 0
I'm running a Ninja system:
i5 @ 4.5GHz (100% stable for several months)
2 x NVIDIA GTX 580s in SLI
8GB DDR3 1600
OCZ RevoDrive PCIe SSD RAID array
Asus Xonar DX soundcard
Win 7 Pro 64-bit ed

I'm running every setting maxed, at 1920 x 1080, and max in-game AA. It runs around the 40fps mark in the middle of a big battle, and back up to 60fps in smaller maps/battles. Would like a little more performance given my system specs.

Upvote 0
Yes, I have the same issues. I get god awful FPS over time, and it only gets worse when artillery hits, or map changes, even on lowest settings without AA.

Specs:
Operating System:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit edition
CPU:
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2 GHz
GPU:
ATI SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 4890 @ 901 MHz
RAM:
2x2 GB OCZ DDR3 @ 1600 (forget latency & other info)
2x4 GB (other) DDR3 @ 1600
(Total: 12 GB DDR3 RAM)

I get above 30 fps when I first launch the game and join a server, but this steadily declines over time to 15 and lower (even to single-digit numbers).

The most notable and repeatable case is in single player, when I play on the Grain Elevator map and the map starts out with artillery hitting the ground. I might just have to take a fraps video of that and show it to you bunch. I instantly get lowered fps and it gets worse and worse (permanently, even if artillery stops and there is not much action).

Over time and if I manage to play long enough, I even noticed that the keyboard becomes unresponsive as there is seconds of delay between physical input and logical input, and I even hear the ASCII character 7 beep noise if I put in too much input.

EDIT:
For some reason when Fraps was loaded, the game decided not to drain my FPS on Grain Elevator... Go figure...

Last edited:
Upvote 0