• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Great launch

I think Punkbuster my be the cuse of alot of the lag problems. I was playing on a server and was talking to the main admin over a TS chanel at the same time. Everyone on the server was complaining about realy bad lag. I told him about it and he tryed tuning off PB and all the suden my ping dromped from 200ish to 80-90 steady and the other players reported the same results. Seems like PB might be throteling servers and could be the cause of alot of problems people are having.

Upvote 0
I dont think this is an issue with servers, during beta i never had this problem untill they enabled punkbuster, ever since then pretty much every server i can find it 200+300 ping and rubber necking. Serious issue here which doesnt seem to being addressed.

That would still technically be a server issue I believe. They can choose to have Punkbuster on partially, fully, or not at all.

Upvote 0
I'm just playing single player to get a feel for the game and maps and can't figure out how to use the iron sights for the marksman class. All the prompts in training are only for default controls so are of no help.

Press 6 if you're trying to switch between scope and sight. It does secondary for all weapons I believe, like fire selector and so on.

Upvote 0
For me it's an "Awesome Launch" game wise , However I'm very veeerrrrrrryy disappointed for No SDK at launch , when actually it was confirmed long time ago :mad:. Now i hear 1-3 days.....we'll see! I just hope this don't turn into IW and COD where we don't get it for months to come. I still have faith in TWI to get in our hands before the weekend rolls around :D.

Upvote 0
see now i found the beta well... better ironically?

meh i joined 2 games spent half the time rubber banding all over the place and gave up, think ill just wait for a patch any more of that will just get frustrating.

I didn't get to try out the avt40 on the beta either so there i was, all ready to give it a go, and its not there... bah well back to waiting.

1st server i joined in retail had serious performance problems. Everyones ping was 200 with long 999-ping spikes. 64 players.

2nd server, also 64 players, had the exact same problem. They changed to 32 players and then everyone had below 100 ping and no spikes.

So it is probably optimistic admins causing a lot of the problems.

Upvote 0
I have seen both and others are saying ATI I have a gtx 275 I get the expected performance for that card
I only say its mostly Nvidia is because i asked how many in the current game i was in, and it was mostly if not all nvidia + higher end cards. I dont really even have a high teir ATI card and I can run this on high/ultra with little to no lag.

Upvote 0