• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New preview and screens

Nice shots.

Are the names above allied heads always on screen or only when you look at the player as in RO1?

And is it proven true manual bolt action is faster than automatic?
Typically only when looking at the player. Keep in mind these shots were taken on relaxed realism mode and half the time I was holding down the Tactical Display key (the button that shows you were the attack/defend points are and various other HUD data).

Upvote 0
Typically only when looking at the player. Keep in mind these shots were taken on relaxed realism mode and half the time I was holding down the Tactical Display key (the button that shows you were the attack/defend points are and various other HUD data).
Is relaxed realism the only mode in the beta? Don't think I've seen footage of the full realism mode yet.

Upvote 0
The screens are all so awesome.

But I'm sorry to say I am unimpressed with the menu screens and fonts. Why fix what isn't broke? I know RO:Ostfronts menu screen and stuff is a little out dated now, but it's still nice, bring it back and touch it up with a bit of new art imo, that font looks disgusting, and so does the vibrant green used to display things in spectator mode, hopefully we can mod this out :D

Other than that, really really excited after reading that review! It made my willy go woop-woop.

Upvote 0
It could be worse though. At least theres no accuracy stat (afaik) which would make a lot of people stop giving suppressive fire in order not to ruin their precious stats. I've always been against stats in games like these, sure they can be fun but they change the way many people play the game. They should be worried about the objective at hand, instead of their overall stats.
There is always Win/Loss, not only KD people who are interested in holding a high KD will probably want a good win loss too.

There is a Accuracy stat too, in the weapon screenshot i saw it, it keeps track of your accuracy on all guns, but nobody cares about that stat really.

Upvote 0
@Zips, I don't think my day could have gotten any better! Thank you so very much for the detailed screenshots of what everyone wanted to see :)

On a little side note: How long have you been with MyIS? Just wondering as I was friends with the original guy from TotalBf2 before it was bought out.
Been with MyIS since they bought out CS-Nation around 2009 I think it was.

Also, someone on another forum wanted some shots of the T-34 interior. If someone else doesn't get them up by later tomorrow I'll see if I can get those for you all as well.

Upvote 0
There is a Accuracy stat too, in the weapon screenshot i saw it, it keeps track of your accuracy on all guns, but nobody cares about that stat really.

Aww thats my favorite for a couple weapons in some games. I'm probably not going to worry about my ppsh accuracy but I'd like to know how many of machine gun rounds make it into an enemy on average. Sometimes all you can see is a muzzle flash and the enemy drop 300m down range in RO. I don't know if I hit him with one round or all fifteen. Probably get a better idea now.

As far as K-2-D ratio, now there would be one I don't mind the scores of. I'm certainly not aiming for squad leader highscore boards when I'm trying to chuck smoke grenades at an MG nest from 30 yards away. Protip: You die alot. And when you don't you usually allow yourself to get shot for more smoke on spawn.

Different strokes for different folks. The more stats the merrier, ect....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just noticed on one of the reviews, did getting your weapon shot out of hand really get removed? Any specific reason why, if so?

I was kind of curious as to the explanation to this, as well. I was a fan of the feature in Red Orchestra, though it should be a bit of a rare occurance. I'm guessing that there's no melee system in place for when you lose your firearm, and they wanted to avoid the circus that commences in RO where someone is running around completely unarmed, being chased down by whoever disarmed them.

Personally, I would like to see this feature back, if they gave you some sort of melee (Hands, the entrenchment tool, knife) abilities. Hoping they do implement that in the future.

Upvote 0
Some of these previews are woefully off the mark with a lot of what they're saying, especially about the beta being "far" from a final build. :rolleyes:

[url]http://csnation.net/content.php?426-Exclusive-New-Red-Orchestra-2-Screenshots[/URL]

I'm in the process of uploading roughly 70 screens from tonight alone. Some are already up and more will continue to go up at that link over the next 15 or so minutes. My upload sucks so bear with me.
Thanks for your screenshots, Zips. They all look amazing.

Upvote 0