• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Posibility to earn first rank by playing RO

I have an idea that is along the same tracks of this. What if you get something special for being a member of the forums. For example, anyone who is registered with the forums can get, let's say given half the points to level up for the first level, or something. There may be complications to that specific idea but you get the gist of it.

Upvote 0
I find these ideas to be rather... ineffective. You'd merely have a mass influx of people creating forum accounts or whatever the gimmick is. I believe that everybody should start on the same even playing ground to begin with.

The point of getting ranked up for playing Ost is that it will be easier for all the new players who never played red orchestra, to know what they are supposed to do, if officers and equivalent have some experience.

If you get points for joining the forums it might lead to a faster growing community, even if most of those who create an account won't return.

Upvote 0
Dont take this as a negative, but I think that getting people to play ROOST as a warmup to ROHOS may give many a bad idea. Lots of players will generalize the two games into a series ( ala cod) in that it probably wont have changed much between #1 and #2( lots of series dont change that much between iterations), and lets be honest I',m quite sure the number of people who will find they like ROHOS in the first few hours of play is MUCH higher then the equivalent for ROOST.

Upvote 0