• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

This game is unplayable on public servers

Are you serious?

Because I've never seen a group on normal whipe because they ran out of ammo in the first wave.

O rly?
On the freeweekend, I had players on normal run out of ammo because they fire 6 shots into a clots body.

You need to talk to your team and find a tactic that works, and hold out there.
It's not hard, I did it on Biolabs.
but when one person doesn't do what you've discussed, it all goes to hell.

Upvote 0
God, I hate that. I can't tell you how many times I've given someone more than enough money to buy armor and told them specifically "okay, buy armor." only to have them completely ignore me and die early in the wave.

I gave someone my medic gun before which they can sell for 2000 pounds and they ended up using it, plus they weren't medic.

Upvote 0
Most of us Level 6s that "run off to go get the most kills" during the early rounds are really just running off to go start collecting items. We could give a crap about the score. You have to "live off the land" so to speak or risk falling behind the curve as the waves go on. Find an armor, an extra 9mm, and 3 ammo boxes and you've essentially "earned" several hundred extra dollars. I won't need this money myself usually but there will be noobs getting killed and if they aren't resupplied they'll kill the team on later waves when they can't pull their own weight.

It's not that I don't want to be a team player but really in this case it's the team that is wrong and the individual is right. You should be following me (stick together team!) as I'm doing this, not just huddling in a group and not moving. I am not going to position myself to fail in later waves by not collecting items just so a huddling group of noobs won't get scared on wave 1.

Here's a TIP: If you're a bunch of level 0-2 and a level 6 goes running off you might want to follow him.

QFT.

One of the main reasons (at least this weekend) for me to run off by myself is not only to get items, but also because people choose the most retarded places ever to hold up. Sometimes I'll even try to tell them the better spots for surviving and they just ignore me, so **** them let them die.

Besides, have you ever tried ramboing it? It's fun as hell and provides a different challenge. In before "PLAY ON SOLO", you do realize that the amount of ZEDS and the health they have and what not scales with more players right? There is a huge difference between Solo, and "soloing" in a full server, the difference being that the latter is much harder and much more fun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just played and the same thing happened on West London, we had a lvl 6 sharpshooter alone with the m14 headshotting everything. The rest of the team also scattered.

WHY DO YOU ********** PLAY ON NORMAL ON A SERVER JUST TO SOLO EVERYHING?

This along of the bad performance after the update and with windows 7 really makes not wanna play.
Dude it was the free weekend, servers were quite hard to come by. My friend, level 6 support, could only find a beginner server on Saturday. He ended up renewing his old KF dedicated server again :p

Upvote 0
when I'm playing online i usually just look for another player who is high level and stick with them, its not like they can stop you from traveling with them, and yeah sometimes people hold up in the worst possible spot, like that room in Biolabs with the metal grate on the ceiling, two areas where Zeds come over barricades 2 staircases leading up and that room with two doors and a window, so the Zeds have 6 entry points to that room, i am not staying there, i dont care if its round 10.

Upvote 0
Well then you guys have good intentions, but sorry most high levels I see buy stuff for themselves and rarely give money.

Like I said this can be easily fixed by giving a lot more money for surviving or healing or whatever.

QFT.

One of the main reasons (at least this weekend) for me to run off by myself is not only to get items, but also because people choose the most retarded places ever to hold up. Sometimes I'll even try to tell them the better spots for surviving and they just ignore me, so **** them let them die.

Besides, have you ever tried ramboing it? It's fun as hell and provides a different challenge. In before "PLAY ON SOLO", you do realize that the amount of ZEDS and the health they have and what not scales with more players right? There is a huge difference between Solo, and "soloing" in a full server, the difference being that the latter is much harder and much more fun.

Erm you do know that you can make a custom game without ruining it for all the other players?

Upvote 0
I really don't know what to do, I love this game but right now playing online on public servers is just bad.

We have 2 type of noobs now, the free weekend noobs who know nothing and don't listen and the high level player noobs who go rambo and get as much kills as possible. (ok the first one is a newb rather than a noob)

there's no patch twi could release that will make people smarter. lol

Upvote 0
This is a game.

Disregard the logic of the following not being economically sensible.

At the end of a wave, whether you survived or not, you should get bonuses, i.e.:

Damage bonus
Heal bonus (doubled for Medic)
Damaging FP while attacking someone

etc. stuff like that. One of the best and easiest ways to encourage teamplay is to make it worth the solo player's while.

You earn money by killing things. If you select a perk that is ineffective at killing - like the Medic, who gets base damage with all weapons - then it doesn't make economic sense for people to play it. Medic doesn't get played, and people don't get healed as well. etc.

Upvote 0
OP should move onto hard servers, will probably find the players there more agreeable to his style. You might die a few times from the increased speed of gorefasts etc, but for anyone who's played long enough to get their perks up to say, lv3, I believe its time to move onto hard.

The weekend was a mess because the normal servers were full so newbs moved into hard servers... but I accepted that as to be expected.

Also would have to disagree just a little, I just love running off on my own on wave1. I don't need teamwork beating a squad of clots, regardless of difficulty. It is of course possible to die on wave1, which is usually a good laugh for everyone. Other than that, I prefer for half the team to run off on their own and we finish the first wave 3 times faster.

Upvote 0
From what I've experienced, I think money should be generated by damage given to specimens rather than dispatching them. I've seen people blast away a Flesh Pound and then another person runs up and kills the Flesh Pound stealing the kill and money.

Taking a feature from Team Fortress 2, the scoreboard is based on points rather than kills which can mean all the difference in a player's performance based on what they are performing. So Medics actually get A LOT of points because they are constantly healing people with minimal actual combat. They also get a lot of "assist points".

Killing Floor should look at this and learn from it.

Upvote 0
Im a lvl 6 support and usually try to help my team to the best of my ability. If they are being stupid and saying we should hold up somewhere stupid then well thats when I usually go away because in the end they all died in that spot regardless.

I try to be a team player and actually play my lvl 3 medic a lot more now cause I believe its a challenge...especially since im basiclly giving my trust in the other players to be able to take down the bigger zeds while I heal.

I believe a damage system would make this better like everyone is saying. Money given for damage and there were some other ideas for small items that help boost perks so in a sense the beginners would have something to work with and the experienced players could mabye have a easier time on the harder difficulties.

Upvote 0
I do the same on level 1, I scout for weapons, armor (tho dont need armor no more as a level 6 Beserker) . Doesnt worry me if the group splits up. But on suicidal, unless you are a medic or beserker, I've seen Bloats screw alot of people up. They get latched on by a clot or two, then chucked up on and then become brown bread.

During the waves, really nothing you can do if a player go rambo to get all the kills. I admit I been ramboing this past weekend.... just to keep my team alive!! These new players die faster than lewie the fly. I try telling them to buy armor, even give them money to do so and they just stand there and do nothing. Ima all good for the new players, I just wish they would listen and take advice. They dont seem to learn how the gorefests are eating the up.

But I been trying to help the new guys out. Playing my beserker last night, I was handing out monies for people to get the AA12

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm one of these level 6 sharpshooters that runs around headshotting everything. It's like has been said, I don't give a **** about the score, what I want is to find weapons to sell, and often to specifically avoid the utterly retarded players. I'm happy to help newer players, but only the ones that display the faintest bit of decency and common sense.

Generally speaking I won't actively help out the newbies, I'll set an example instead. The smart ones will pick up on how the high level is playing. The idiots will rambo and die, repeatedly (and sometimes helped along by me standing right behind them as a scrake charges). Similarly, there is no need to give out money usually. The best way to make money is survive. A newbie who is learning seldom needs it (unless by bad luck or simply inexperience they die in a later wave just after they've bought a nice gun), only idiots who die every single wave need money constantly.

Upvote 0
You earn money by killing things. If you select a perk that is ineffective at killing - like the Medic, who gets base damage with all weapons - then it doesn't make economic sense for people to play it. Medic doesn't get played, and people don't get healed as well. etc.

Medic doesn't get played because people generally aren't content with being focused on healing, not because they don't get alot of money from it. Assuming your team is taking hits regularly and you're there with a plaster you'll get a decent amount of cash from it, if your thoughts lie on topping the score board or hoarding cash, you'll be dissapointed. If you want to heal your team, you won't be.

Upvote 0
Dude it was the free weekend, servers were quite hard to come by. My friend, level 6 support, could only find a beginner server on Saturday. He ended up renewing his old KF dedicated server again :p

Yeah I got fed up this weekend and started my own server too.

It's interesting with KF because it has such a low player count. With 6 players plus a spectator I've got enough bandwidth and server horsepower to run two at once.

Upvote 0
As a free weekend/new player I find the biggest problem with fellow newbies, is not knowing how to handle Fleshpounds. I've seen so many teams wiped by the first FP, because someone paniced and caused it to rage before some people even know it's comming. I've had numerous frustrating encounters, where some genius will anger the flesh pound while it's standing right next to me resulting in a very messy death. To add insult to injury it's usually at this point that I've purchased my first tier 3 weapon, which someone promptly picks up and either sells or refuses to give back.

Upvote 0