• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Other Games

Khunter

Mar 4, 2006
I have 30$ that I'm willing to spend on a game. This game looks like the one for me, but I'm not sure whether to buy this one or go with Day of Defeat: Source. Please convince me that this game will be released very soon, I need to make sure that I'm not waiting as long as I was with Half Life 2!:D

Well RO is realism, slow gameplay realistic ballistics and weapon animations. You can zig zag, bunny hop or worm in RO and expect to live very long. The game needs team work/tactics to do well and you need to practice to be good with the weapons. if you want a game that takes some skill were ever time you score a kill you get a big smile like you actually did something thats not that easy to do then this is for you. A game were every kill counts and where you really feel part of the battle.

Upvote 0
well, they are very different games, The best should be to buy them both. BUT, if you want to choose one, i suggest you to go for Red Orchestra. If you have waited for HL2 that means you likely have also CS:S. DoD isn't VERY different, the feeling is almost the same. SO, if you want to try a different and good game, go for Red Orchestra. IMHO, obviously.

Upvote 0
ok.. i find that DOD:s makes me feel like a cartoon player. They did do some good with the guns and the gernade's for the K98 and grand. But there is no iron sights in DOD:s except for 2 weapons, in RO every game has iron sights. Ro has tanks, Jeeps and APC's. My friend has the best computer, he can run BF2 on full everything, but when it comes to DOD:s he cant play it on low cause of the steam lagg. If you are going to wast 30$ on DOD:s you are stupid. Go for the bigger maps, realism, vehicals, and tatical advantages of RO

Upvote 0
Yeah same type of question for me. Alot of people think Day of Defeat is stupid and a rip off, but as i havn't played the original, i thought i might think of it differently. I still honestly can't choose between DOD:S and RO. Its so difficult lol! I've seen gameplay movies of Day of Defeat and it looks pretty good, but then I hear high praise about how different RO is and how it uses tactics and stuff which is much more satisfying. I can't choose! Ahhhh, somebody help me! lol :confused:

Upvote 0