• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Mosin Nagant

b737lvr

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
I am a fan of the Mosin Nagant. My suggestion is with the M44 Mosin Nagant.

In the first Red Orchestra the Bayonet was permanent. This made the rifle longer. Although, in the real world the bayonet can be folded.

I am hoping to see this feature available in-game (folding the bayonet)

Regards,
B737lvr

Reactions: 213
I am a fan of the Mosin Nagant. My suggestion is with the M44 Mosin Nagant.

In the first Red Orchestra the Bayonet was permanent. This made the rifle longer. Although, in the real world the bayonet can be folded.

I am hoping to see this feature available in-game (folding the bayonet)

Regards,
B737lvr

Sorry, but no Mosin M44 in RO:HoS as the game takes place in late 42'.

However, there might be "Mods" ( Maps, Weapons, Uniforms, etc ) out in the near future to include all of EastFront 41-45 from other Dev Teams.

Joe

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok I am bringing back an Old thread here but for good reason. Yes I know the M44 will not be in RO2 from what I have seen.

But what about the M38? The M38 would be a great rifle to have in RO2. Perfect size for CQB Bolt action warfare. There is no reason not to have the M38 if the MP40/2 and MKB are going to be present.

Would you rather clear a house with this:

M38_Mosin.JPG

or this:

30_Mosin.JPG

Edit:

lol and I made this for the hell of it. Every Mosin Nagant rifle in order of year from top to bottom.

ussrmn.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Tank! and 213
Upvote 0
I would hope the M38 is in game.

Even if the M44 was in game (added in via mods) there is no point to fold the bayonet. It is zeroed with the bayonet extended. Shooting with it folded = you missing your target by a significant amount.

flogger, pretty sure not by a significant amount!

the only thing that changes with bayonet folder = control due to less weight at the fore end.

and that's another idea!!

(folded bayonet = different point of impact)

=)

Upvote 0
I would still take the M91/30 anyways if I was a Russian soldier. Short barreled carbines firing full powered rifle rounds are a real pain to shoot, especially in a crouching or prone position. It is possible M38 carbines were in Stalingrad though, right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0