• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Peripheral Vision and Soldiers Speaking

Agreed with OP.
I play on a 1280*1024 screen and they are very obvious. Besides also showing friendlies, it would be nice if it also showed false positives and false negatives from time to time. It should not be something you can rely on for 100%.

I agree. As it is now it kind of works like a nerfed wallhack or something. It is simply to easy to spot enemies now.

Upvote 0
Glad this was resurrected because I have been making mental notes on this feature's performance since my original posts, and I can say without a doubt that it is only triggering for enemies in my game. The peripheral indicator needs to show up for friendlies as well as enemies or it needs to be removed because it gives players an upper hand in encounters (both short and long range).

For the record: my resolution is 1680x1050 and I have a 22" monitor

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ironically, PV indicators sit just outside of the central cone of detail for the typical human eye looking at widescreens (22-24"+), i.e., they aren't easy to notice. If they are going to stay in they need to be fair for all players wherever possible and that means making them larger and rapidly flash black & white so human peripheral vision can detect them. This probably means making them quite annoying; annoying = good as far as human PV detection is concerned.

Upvote 0
Ironically, PV indicators sit just outside of the central cone of detail for the typical human eye looking at widescreens (22-24"+), i.e., they aren't easy to notice. If they are going to stay in they need to be fair for all players wherever possible and that means making them larger and rapidly flash black & white so human peripheral vision can detect them. This probably means making them quite annoying; annoying = good as far as human PV detection is concerned.

I notice them fine how they are now, yet they still only show enemies, and not every moving object.

Upvote 0