• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Medic Level 6 Requirements: Too Much?

Riut

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
To me, it seems that the Medic level 6 requirements are too steep, especially when you compare them to the other perk requirements.

When level 6 came around, every perk except for medic and sharpshooter had it's requirements increase in similar way, an extra 2 million damage points needed for the final level, sharpshooter had an extra 3000 headshots added for level 6 but that's much the same as having 2 million points added.

My point is, the requirements from level 5 to level 6 are the same as the requirements from level 4 to level 5 for for EVERY perk BUT medic, the requirements to get from level 5 to level 6 seemingly tripled.

Now normally I'd be okay with a perk that reinforces teamwork being more of a grind than the other perks, but the thing is, it's very rare that someone actually takes a significant amount of damage, usually it's 20 or 40 damage and anything that goes over that amount is usually an instant kill for them or leaves them healing themselves before you can get the heal points from them.

In a couple of days playing like a team member in KF I've only managed to accrue about 3000 healing points, and this just seems unfair to the medic perk itself, it's really difficult to get heal points unless you're playing with some really bad players and even then it takes ages.

Basically what I'm saying, I feel the massive increase in the points required to level up the Medic perk is disproportionate to that of other perks, and a little unfair as a result. Mayhaps you could gain a 1/4 of the healing points you normally would for healing yourself to speed things up? Or perhaps add an ability where as a medic you can buff your team members up with a constantly decreasing small health buff, or a combo multiplier for chaining heals?

Discuss.

Last edited:
After finally grinding in another 2000 medic points i've safely reached rank 5, only to be blown out of my seat to see the requirement being 4 times what i've spent so long trying to earn.
I mean seriously, getting 100k heal points is harder than killing a patriach with an MP7.
If it were lowered to, say, double, being 50k i think it would be less of a mount everest, and mirror the level 6 of each of the other perks.
This 100k heal target has got me to actually stop playing as medic, because my average heal per game is so low it's not even making a dent in my target of 100k.

Upvote 0
It is really hard to get lvl 6 medic but I don't mind because...

1) Lvl 6 medic is a gold level, premium, up-to-date, master of healing, Jesus Christ healing power on KF!!! So... it should not be easy to get. I got lvl 5 with only 36 hours of playing, lvl 6 should be harder to get.

2) It really doesn' matter in the end because the medic gun is really cheap and a little increase in medic stats doesn't really make lvl 6 much better than lvl 5. It would be MUCH more useful if lvl 6 medic receives double damage with medic gun or instant healing with its darts...

In my opinion, lvl 6 medic should heal instantly their mates!

Upvote 0
I think its fine the way it is. Even if your not a Med, you should always pop off a few heals when every you see anyone damaged. I reached level 6 just recently without ever playing Medic. When ever there is a slight gap, I not only just reload, I check my team to see who needs a booster and promptly give out the healing juice.

Upvote 0
I think its fine the way it is. Even if your not a Med, you should always pop off a few heals when every you see anyone damaged. I reached level 6 just recently without ever playing Medic. When ever there is a slight gap, I not only just reload, I check my team to see who needs a booster and promptly give out the healing juice.
Yeah I do that too.

Upvote 0
mathematically it may look like it's an unbalanced increase in the requirements, but i'd say it's no big deal since i only accidentally got to level 5 with medic anyway, and it was my first perk to get to level 5!

how you ask? i just healed people when they needed it, trying to keep the team alive - hell, i never even played with the medic perk 'enabled', i just healed people a lot lol

it's really not hard - just get to medic lvl 5, spawn as a med first round of every game, buy ur med gun then switch classes to w/e else u want to play and remember to heal up everyone u can when the team needs it, it'll come eventually

Upvote 0
Isn't that the way the game is supposed to be played? Also something i've noted in my medic point grinding. People constantly "steal" my points for healing. And i end up getting pissed because i'm clearly the medic :cool:

Upvote 0
After finally grinding in another 2000 medic points i've safely reached rank 5, only to be blown out of my seat to see the requirement being 4 times what i've spent so long trying to earn.
I mean seriously, getting 100k heal points is harder than killing a patriach with an MP7.
If it were lowered to, say, double, being 50k i think it would be less of a mount everest, and mirror the level 6 of each of the other perks.
This 100k heal target has got me to actually stop playing as medic, because my average heal per game is so low it's not even making a dent in my target of 100k.

Im lvl6 medic and just solo'd kevin on suicidal with mp7 on doom2 final. No other weps used on kevin.

Upvote 0
Isn't that the way the game is supposed to be played? Also something i've noted in my medic point grinding. People constantly "steal" my points for healing. And i end up getting pissed because i'm clearly the medic :cool:

Stealing your juice points, hee hee. But yes this is the way the game is supposed to be played in my opinion. Sadly though, (more often then not), even though people can clearly see that there is a someone running towards you with a heal gun out, they still self heal. Self heal is a complete waste and should only be used in dire situations. You can heal two people in a matter of seconds, then whip out your gun again.

Self heal drains whole heal meeter thingy, heal others only drains half.

Ran into too many situations where I'm camping next to someone, I heal them as soon as we get hit, then they self heal, draining their med gun which forces me to heal myself since I'm nearly dead which leads to both our heal guns drained and having to wait for then to fill up again, but by the time that happens we both die.

Upvote 0
Psh, medic basically levels itself cause you'll always be healing others like a good teamplayer is supposed to.
As I predicted, that was the first of my perks to reach lv6 just like it was the first to reach lv5.

Yes I reached lv5 before the update.
Do you even know how hard healing was before the update?
80% of my syringes missed because of bunnyhopping, strafing morons who think it's a good idea to flee from the guy who wants to heal you and if they selfheal, tough luck, your syringe has no effect at all even if they don't fully heal.

Now the only perk leveling as fast as it would be demolitions.

And as a lv6 medic, you're almost unkillable (un-enraged fleshie on normal deals exactly 6 damage to my armor and 0 to my health) and can outrun almost everything so it's fair imo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not 100% that it does. I thought it did though.

I think most people are just lazy when it come to healing. We do drive by healings, and have needle parties at the end of every wave when I play with my friends. It takes so little time to switch to your needle and back again, there's almost no reason not to.

Leveling Medic is easy if you just remember to top people off whenever you see their health down.

Upvote 0