• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Give the commander the ability to raise his soldiers' morale

Shéllshock1

Sep 17, 2011
Hi,

I've been thinking of an idea recently which would fit really well into the game, at least in my opinion. Why not give the commander the ability to raise his soldiers' morale - for example, the commander starts yelling something like "Charge" (depending on the nationality, of course), causing his soldiers to start yelling too (e.g. URA) and increasing their morale. Please tell me what you think.

Sorry, just noticed that I've posted this topic in the wrong section. It'd appreciate it very much if a mod could move it, thanks.

Regards

Last edited:
I suspect having your SL nearby already lifts your morale.

Conversely, if he dies, your morale will suffer.

The Commander shouldn't really be fighting in the front lines most of the time anyway. Shouting 'attack' down the radio shouldn't really have much effect on morale. 'Forward he cried from the rear and the front rank died,' and all that.

Upvote 0
I suspect having your SL nearby already lifts your morale.

Conversely, if he dies, your morale will suffer.

The Commander shouldn't really be fighting in the front lines most of the time anyway. Shouting 'attack' down the radio shouldn't really have much effect on morale. 'Forward he cried from the rear and the front rank died,' and all that.

You're completely right. It would fit better if the squad leader got this ability.

Upvote 0
I think it just means that you get suppressed more quickly, with more visual effect and for longer.

This is why you'll sometimes become 'suppressed' (meter reduce to zero, blurred screen etc.) when noone is firing nearby: lots of your squad have just been killed.
I thought that was mostly because you saw them getting killed? I haven't really noticed it dipping without me actually witnessing people getting butchered.
Not really paid that much attention to it though, maybe I just didn't notice.

Upvote 0
I guess that makes me a horrible commander cause only time I stay back it so call in arty.

But once the arty is called in I'm moving up to front lines and scream at people to stop camping and move up.

Then scream at them to stop getting off the capture point while capping....

After reading Richey79's post, I wanted to the change the title of the topic. Unfortunately, this isn't possible. Just replace "commander" with "squad leader".

Upvote 0