• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Medic bots?

wahoo4

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 29, 2010
NE, USA
I was thinking it would be cool to see medics carry you away on a stretcher or bandage you up. I would rather see this than being able to bandage yourself. Sometimes they get caught up in the cross fire while you lay there. The enemy that killed the medic then gets penalized somehow. Something interesting, that would throw a wrench into tactics.

Last edited:
Medics of all kinds have been suggested already. There was dozens of pages worth of ideas and arguments on the topic and it is clear there will be no medics to heal you, or take dead bodies out of battle (I think that was after battle anyways).

The bandaging is for minor wounds like the ankle or arm. 86% of the time when you shoot someone, they'll die instantly.

Upvote 0
I mentioned this somewhere else, but I really hope that the effects of getting shot last longer than in ROOST. I think that they should

1.last until you die,

or 2. last until you go back to spawn, or capturing a new point, head to the new spawn. I was thinking something like a med table near the artillery. You walk up and use it like a radio and respawn with your original kit.

Upvote 0
I was thinking it would be cool to see medics carry you away on a stretcher or bandage you up. I would rather see this than being able to bandage yourself. Sometimes they get caught up in the cross fire while you lay there. The enemy that killed the medic then gets penalized somehow. Something interesting, that would throw a wrench into tactics.

On the eastern front the Geneva conventions didn't apply. Meaning medics were shot on sight. That is not to say that there weren't medics but they primarily acted like normal soldiers carrying weaponry and didn't wear any special medic patches.

So if medics would be implemented in game the most realistic way to display them would be like in other games, where a regular player is the medic, as the medic is supposed to kill, and the medic is supposed to get shot by both sides. So in that sense one class could be made that is more proficient at bandaging for instance or can give out some additional bandages.

Last edited:
Upvote 0