• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank score issue

PETERPANs

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
I think that is not normal if enemy crew leave vehicle, soon after that you destroy it with zero score.

Destroying of enemy vehicle should be rewarded by score no matter how many crews - soldiers are inside.

Vehicles are valuable, if you eliminate one them you must get some score.

Last edited:
you should get some points for emty tanks, but more if teh crew is inside.
(just for the historic accuracy, german tank crew were instructed to shoot enemy tank crew if they bail out)

But you should just get a score for a tank that was crewed before, to prevent someone shoot emty tanks at the spawn...
thats kinda lame.

Upvote 0
you should get some points for emty tanks, but more if teh crew is inside.
(just for the historic accuracy, german tank crew were instructed to shoot enemy tank crew if they bail out)

But you should just get a score for a tank that was crewed before, to prevent someone shoot emty tanks at the spawn...
thats kinda lame.

I am all for this. I was going to suggest the same
There should be a system that recognises if a crew has been in the tank (for some time) and if they bail out you should like said get a point (or varying amount of points) for the destruction of the tank.

Because like Capt. Cool said - I'm sure this system would have annoying campers in tanks at an enemy spawn: "har har har i r killin' tnks" or something to that effect which would be annoying.

However that might be a problem still if this recognisation system is put in because not everyone just goes into one tank and drives off in it at spawn so it wouldnt necessarily stop the annoying tank spawn campers.

Upvote 0
agreed. you should get points for destroying vehicles regardless of whether there are crewmen inside. other thing is, i also don't like how in the current system, the enemy isn't really penalized when a vehicle is destroyed and the crew bails. they only lose reinforcements if the soldiers are killed, not the vehicle. not only do i think they should lose general player reinforcements when a vehicle is destroyed, but HOS should impliment the same vehicle reinforcement % system that some custom maps used in ROOST....like pariserplatz how each team is only alloted ex. amount of vehicle respawns. you get your tanks killed in the first 5 minutes, sucks for you :D

regardless, players shouldn't be able to "insta-bail" from vehicles like they can now. based off of what TW has already mentioned and what zets noticed about that one job description, vehicle enter/exit animations will probably be vastly improved in HOS.

Upvote 0