• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Question about maps

luciferintears

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Okay so I'm confused beyond belief here.

These maps are apparently attack/attack so then how does it randomly choose a winner at the end of the round when no one has captured all the objectives?

Also attack/attack on its own makes no sense to me. For example the soviets control the grain elevator by default, so how does the Germans failing to capture it count for a soviet loss? The soviets didn't give any ground.

Next issue:

why are the maps so poorly designed?

Stalingrad was a battle where you fought tooth and nail for every single inch of ground. But here, you just kind of run to the objective, lie prone for about a minute until your numbers are greater than the enemy and then move on.

Again lets bring grain elevator as an example. The germans fight to the base of the grain tower and then they have to start capturing the silo. Instead the germans just kind of sneak up around the tower to the top floors and then work from there. it makes no sense.

Instead TW should have designed the map where you have epic long range fighting outside, and then when you finally get to the elevator, it becomes a frantic and brutal close quarters fight. One where EVERY SINGLE floor must be fought for. Not just 2 random points in the tower.

Just my observation

Most of the maps are not mutual attack maps. Usually one side has to keep taking points or the map will end and they will loose. (For example, germans attack on Grain Elevator and on Spartanovka, Russians attack on Red October) The first side to win 3 rounds wins the entire match.

Now on this last point I'm not actually 100 percent clear, but the only way I can think of that you could win as the russians yet lose (as in the OPs example) is if you "tie." Like I said, I'm not really 100% clear on this but there is some circumstance where say if the germans and russians both have won an equal number of rounds it will use the overall score as a tiebreaker. (thus loosing overall despite winning the final round)

Upvote 0
You can setup the server so that it ignores the team scores and wins are decided by the team with the most caps.
The team with the least caps loses.
Too much camping outside the cap zones could lose your team the game, so everybody should be encouraged to go for the cap zones.

hmmm

i still find that having a clear cut attacker and defender to be a better way of handling things

Upvote 0
Can anybody explain team score to me? Don't tell me the team who has resupplied the MGs the most wins it? I seem to lose without knowing what happened on a regular basis. Where do I find the team score in game?

Most caps and most reinforcements if it's stalemate seems to be most common though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Can anybody explain team score to me? Don't tell me the team who has resupplied the MGs the most wins it? I seem to lose without knowing what happened on a regular basis. Where do I find the team score in game?

Most caps and most reinforcements if it's stalemate seems to be most common though.

Most team score comes from kills in and from caps, and defending/capturing points. Resupplying MGs helps a little.

Last edited:
Upvote 0