• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Should TWI be worried

Wodin

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 15, 2006
Liverpool UK
I have a feeling that "IF" Iron Front (The East Front game using the ARMA2 engine) delivers on it's promises then RO2 will be in trouble. Iron Front is promising all the features that RO2 is missing and to me it looks like it's going to fullfill what many here are asking for or wanted RO2 to be in the first place. TWI had the only realistic East front (come to that WW2) FPS out there, no other competion at all...but this is going to change in the near future and I have to say if IF takes off I can see it being the game I'm going to gravitate to.

I hope the release of this game is going to give TWI the impetus to improve RO2 and make it the No1 realsitic WW2 (East front) FPS. As it looks like it's very storng competion indeed.Once BF3 and the next CoD game come out we will lose alot of players, losing the hardcore left to another game as it gives them what they want might be the nail in RO2's coffin.

Last edited:
Tripwire should be afraid...very afraid...they already have my money but I will DEFINITELY take my *** over to Iron Front if its any good at all...

Arma2 engine has been dying for WW2 action...check out Invasion'44 mod for Arma2...good, but slightly buggy and very scripted

On another note, TWI already dropped the ball...the game was released buggy and as a consequence the reviews will be horrendous for RO2...this will drive away the rest of the potential buyers, and we suckers who already bought RO2 will move on to BF3 or Sykrim or (god-forbid) MW3...

Upvote 0
Nope Arma 2 PVP always ends up in warping and lagging around due to poor arma 2 netcode so that will stop it from the beginning and they appeal to different people I like both but only plav pve in arma due to said netcode problems

True about others saying arma 2 isn't optimized well at all, but your point is invalid now :)...Read the beta patches they have for their upcoming 1.60 patch...fixes nearly ALL of the warping and lagging from poor netcode.

Do I think IF will do better than RO2? heck no, RO2 may be bugged and what not now, but when they get it all fixed up it'll be the best WW2 game, hands down.

but on another note, smaller companies usually always care about their customers, and true, after almost a week after release, it is bugged and what not badly...But give them time, and I bet most of you who are saying "screw RO2, I'm done with this game" because of week 1 issues? I know you're one of the people who bought black ops, said "f this game, it's bugged"!...after they fixed the major issues you were all over that game drooling at the screen saying, "omg, this game owns"...just give RO2 a month or so max, and they'll have the major issues fixed (or a majority of them).

Sure, it hurts them that the game is bugged the way it is, with major games like MW3, BF3, etc are coming out soon...but it'll still be very popular just like the First RO.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
True about others saying arma 2 isn't optimized well at all, but your point is invalid now :)...Read the beta patches they have for their upcoming 1.60 patch...fixes nearly ALL of the warping and lagging from poor netcode.

Do I think IF will do better than RO2? heck no, RO2 may be bugged and what not now, but when they get it all fixed up it'll be the best WW2 game, hands down.

but on another note, smaller companies usually always care about their customers, and true, after almost a week after release, it is bugged and what not badly...But give them time, and I bet most of you who are saying "screw RO2, I'm done with this game" because of week 1 issues? I know you're one of the people who bought black ops, said "f this game, it's bugged"!...after they fixed the major issues you were all over that game drooling at the screen saying, "omg, this game owns"...just give RO2 a month or so max, and they'll have the major issues fixed (or a majority of them).

Sure, it hurts them that the game is bugged the way it is, with major games like MW3, BF3, etc are coming out soon...but it'll still be very popular just like the First RO.

IF 1.6 really fices the warping Arma2 will be valid for some pvp mods like Project Reality and IF but it still appeals to an different audience as ro2 does not everyone likes driving/walking for 45 min without anything happening I kinda like it its weird but yes differen audience so they arent competators at all.

But thanks for making me aware of that patch

Upvote 0