• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Check Out My Game: Break Blocks

Xienen

Tripwire Alumni and Break Blocks Owner
Mar 26, 2007
www.greatergoodgames.org
Hey Guys! On the side, when not working on Killing Floor or RO:HoS, I have been developing a game with a few other people. The game is called Break Blocks and if the game's successful enough, we will be starting a company called Greater Good Games.

Greater Good Games will be a charitable game developer, where we only retain enough money to continue developing games and donate everything we can to charity. In this way, our customers will be able to make a positive impact on the world by simply doing what they love to do, play games. More details can be found on our website(linked above).

Because describing the gameplay of Break Blocks is next to impossible, we have decided to put together a video to show off some of its gameplay elements:

YouTube - Break Blocks Gameplay Teaser

NOTE: This game is still a work in progress, as such the gameplay footage shown in the video does not represent the full quality of the final game.

Follow Us

Well, by building the pieces to the beat, placing them, and clearing lines, you end up doing some sweet dance moves which sway the crowd in your favor. Once you get the crowd totally in your favor, you win. Also, if it gets to the end of the song and the crowd is more in your favor than your opponent's, you win. If, though, your opponent is winning, that's when you lose.

Every time you mess up by not building to the beat, trying to build outside the predefined space for the piece, etc. the crowd favors your opponent more.

If you still don't get it, don't worry, it's not a particularly easy thing to explain; just check out the demo when it's available, then you'll definitely get it =)

Anyone else? I want to hear any thoughts, questions, or feedback you guys may have and I know 20x more people have watched the video than have replied, don't be shy ;)

Upvote 0
Because they made the film before the book/game...:D

I support the Greater Good Games concept, idea !
I just hope that you do this in your spare time Xienen, wouldn't want to delay HoS would we !

Haha, don't worry, I would never let that happen. Besides, Tripwire is publishing Break Blocks =)

Upvote 0
Haha! The game doesn't exactly take itself seriously in every way. It's an interesting blend between humorous characters and "serious battles". It's essentially mocking itself and makes us, the developers, smile, so we hope players will smile as well =)

I am quite sure that we will be smiling; the game, in all seriousness, looks fun and comical; just what I need to balance out my WWII and Zombie Armaggeddon. For that and your truly admiral cause, I will gladly surrender any spare dosh to this. And if you need any help that I can give, feel free to call. From what I can see, this is truly something I would love to donate my time to.:D

Best of luck.:IS2:

Upvote 0
I am quite sure that we will be smiling; the game, in all seriousness, looks fun and comical; just what I need to balance out my WWII and Zombie Armaggeddon. For that and your truly admiral cause, I will gladly surrender any spare dosh to this. And if you need any help that I can give, feel free to call. From what I can see, this is truly something I would love to donate my time to.:D

Oh, wow, thanks timur. Should we run into a situation where the current team is unable to achieve everything, I will certainly be in contact =)

Upvote 0

You're a good man, Charlie Brown.

Reactions: Xienen
Upvote 0
*Changed the thread tag to game* Move along ppl, nothing to see here!
Barbrady.gif

Reactions: Xienen
Upvote 0