• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Operation Flashpoint 2 preview and screenies

Can't really say I recommend it so far: Game's mediocre.

Cons:
- Missions are kind of boring with the usual take-out-this-radar and take-out-that-missile objectives.

- For a game that sacrifices realism for "accessability" the presentation is pretty meh. Though the menu music with the guy barfing into the microphone makes me laugh.

- Weapons are ugly with lots of wong animations (from a realism point of view). Also they seem to be too inaccurate most of the time. Would have been a lot more convincing to have more sway and the weapons more accurate.

- The hardcore mode is a joke: It's the same just with no HUD and with no saves.
The latter is a bit annoying since most of the missions are almost impossible to get right the first time because they are relatively long and some objectives are time critical. So you might end up playing the same mission several times always failing at the final objective.

- controls are not very well thought through and consolish
Agreed with all cons. Did the team AI get in front of you aswell everytime you shoot at something?

Upvote 0
Only once so far, which resulted in an instant teamkill :rolleyes: I also had one of my guys get stuck right next to the burnt-out APC in the first mission (had to kill him to proceed).

Still, compared to what I'm used to from ArmA and GRAW, they behave much less idiotic. Which has a lot to do with them mimicking your movements, I guess.

What's starting to seriously annoy me are the extreme psycho graphics. These would fit in Fallout or Stalker, but here they just seem out of place imo. I mean in the second mission the moon (?) looks like some kind of giant searchlight in the sky. Overall, the first thing that came to mind when I looked at the game was: This looks like the psycho version of Joint Operations. Seriously, Joint Ops graphics are barely worse and that game is from 2004.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Veteran accuracy? Veteran mode only removes the hud, and doesn't do anything to the difficulty of the enemies. At least this is how CM told it themselves, and 2nd of all in this vid he has the hud (compass) still on, so It can't be on veteran.

ralfster this is not veteran mode
its the AI (bots) set to veteran skill in the editor

biiig difference

Upvote 0
That way you can have various enemies using various difficulties simultaneously. Having a squad of spetsnaz running around is a lot scarier if they're actually better skilled than the regular army troops. Or having a civilian militia is more convincing if they're less skilled, etc.

but as the vids show, the veteran spetsnaz arent quite that spetsnaz in DR :p

Upvote 0