• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Vote for KF pre update mod

lol this game is now easy when im drunk (i play on suicidal)...new weapons since update and fixed headshot boxes made this game overly simple to win! Me and my crew chew right through every one of the core maps on every difficulty. suicidal, doesnt put up a challenge -_-

I would like to challenge anyone to a game of highscore, money or however you want to pose a challenge, and i will show you just how easy this game is now. 900+ kills, no prob. endless supply of money, i have it on suicidal by wave 7...this game is a joke!

THIS GAME IS EASY!

Apparently on this board overkill and explosions = FUN!

To me challenging = fun...this game isnt challengin, this game isnt fun anymore. Please bring the challenge of kf and the game management! this game doesnt require skill just an active trigger finger...not like it used to be imo!

Upvote 0
lol this game is now easy when im drunk (i play on suicidal)...new weapons since update and fixed headshot boxes made this game overly simple to win! Me and my crew chew right through every one of the core maps on every difficulty. suicidal, doesnt put up a challenge -_-

I would like to challenge anyone to a game of highscore, money or however you want to pose a challenge, and i will show you just how easy this game is now. 900+ kills, no prob. endless supply of money, i have it on suicidal by wave 7...this game is a joke!

THIS GAME IS EASY!

Apparently on this board overkill and explosions = FUN!

To me challenging = fun...this game isnt challengin, this game isnt fun anymore. Please bring the challenge of kf and the game management! this game doesnt require skill just an active trigger finger...not like it used to be imo!

global achievements disagree.ya with organized team its cake, but try and solo bedlam and wyre by your self on suicidal..games still very difficult.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm having the time of my life with KF right now. It's as fresh to me as the day it was released.

See that's what Friendly Fire brings to the party people. 100% Entertainment!

I've lurked [not signed up] on this forum since I got KFRetail (when it came out), and I haven't payed any attention to your posts about FF.

Until now. My friend turned it on by mistake, and the game got approximately 500% more fun.

Kudos for spreading the word.

Upvote 0
I have a friend that didn't like the game on release, and he loves it now.

I also prefer it how it is now.

and the game is not as nearly as easy as people say... try hard mode on public servers. thats how I play and its still quite a challenge depending on the team.

One thing is certain, you can't beat this game alone, and its also quite hard with a semi-skilled/semi-organized team.

So quit your: "I play on suicidal blah blah" thing. If you want a challenge, join a public server in hard. I still need the offices and farm achievements in hard, I have a curse with those two: for some reason I never come across those guys that can beat this game like nothing while drunk =) (maybe they are all posting in the forums instead of playing =P).

Upvote 0

Get away from your crew and play on public servers.
You will die.
Of course this game is easy if you have a group of experienced players with teamplay.

Upvote 0
Get away from your crew and play on public servers.
You will die.
Of course this game is easy if you have a group of experienced players with teamplay.

Yeah. My failures with other people on pub servers have pretty much inspired me to pursue Solo-based runs.

Though it is fun every once in a while to play in pubs, but with very little expectations of the outcome.

Getting back on the OP's thread topic, I purchased the game very recently (about a month ago) and remember gameplay before the patch.

I really like the new updates, weapons, and class.

In fact, it feels like a whole new game to me.

Upvote 0
global achievements disagree.ya with organized team its cake, but try and solo bedlam and wyre by your self on suicidal..games still very difficult.

already beat them on suicidal first day they came out...not going to waste my time doing it again could care less about steam achieves, i know what i have done in this game. :D Lol Kero you have played with us a bunch of times you know how we coast through this game....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
already beat them on suicidal first day they came out...not going to waste my time doing it again could care less about steam achieves, i know what i have done in this game. :D Lol Kero you have played with us a bunch of times you know how we coast through this game....

Must be legendary having your skills, seriously. :D

Upvote 0
Really? I would say I'm a decent player but find the new maps very challenging on suicidal. The older stock maps aren't exactly a walk in the park on suicidal either. This is with level 6 sharpshooter. It might be because I almost always play in public servers but that is what the majority of the kf population does. It also might be because the OP might be a lot better than me, but the majority of the kf population isn't that skilled.

961.jpg

The game really isn't as easy as a lot of people who always play with their level 6, experienced friends say it is. Rolling back all the work TWI put into the game would be ridiculous and unnecessary and won't happen, but I'm all for balancing the new weapons and nerfing the damage of the xbow, particularly with non SS perks so it takes 2 shots to down FPs with level 6 SS on suicidal. Reducing its penetration like a lot of people suggested isn't a good idea. Reducing clip size of the M14 to 10-12 would also be nice.

Upvote 0
did ALL the maps solo suicidal with med level 6, katana and corssbow. Kited the living crap out of them.

not impressed. solo suicidal is kind of like, 6p hard. only lower zed count and slightly faster.

we also got to understand that, some people just don't want the challenge. I've come to realise this after watching my server run the same 5 arcade maps day in and day out. it might seem like crazy town to you and me, but a vast majority of the playerbase would rather just not put themselves in dangerous situations, playing on hard or suicidal to them is only a means of making it just hard enough to be fun.

Upvote 0
As stated above, and I agree, the solution is fixes, not rollbacks. I hope eventually all perks will have a more specific role again, be equally goodd at their own task, and rely on others to do what they're not best at. And I hope the game will be made more difficult (for the buff perks) once more in light of the newer weapons and changes, such as hitbox fixes, etc.

Upvote 0
I'm one of the best players at this game, this isnt fun too me or challenging with my favorite weapons! This game has become easy...

nice and modest, that's how we like em!! :rolleyes:

if you are "one of the best", then move on. you shouldn't sit around and play "boring" and "easy" games if they are bothering you.

your idea for making the hitboxes incorrect and off centered is ridiculous... here, lets make this game really hard and just put the hitboxes on the walls of the buildings... then it'd be really rewarding when you finally find them and get that FP decap!! :rolleyes:

this whole post = :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

I think all the changes in the last patch, on their own, were great. But sometimes it's the things that don't get changed that throw balance off center.

1. The weaker perks need to be brought up to par with the others. Making the game more difficult before this is done will just make the berserker and firebug even less viable options, which will only server to decrease effective player choices. Most likely they simply need to either also receive more powerful weapons, or the ones they have need to be upped until they can match the others again. Once this is done...

2. Difficulty of the game needs to be increased, and a new difficulty level may be needed, too. The husk was a great example of creative ways to do this: Ways that also emphasize the difference in perks - good at dealing with certain things, not good at other things. Specimen in general may also need to be made tougher so they're more likely to get in at close range against the withering new long-range assault weapons and explosives.

Upvote 0
I cant say I agree with a rollback at all, that said however I do agree that the crossbow needs a bit of damage reduction as much fun as 1 hitting scrakes is. It does tend to take their threat away if you have a SS with a crossbow. Also the newer guns do dwarf the old ones, so maybe reduce the new guns damage? I'm not great with balancing stuff but seems like it would work.

And maybe a whitelisted mutator that removes the new weapons for people who like the old system. Surely thats a good project for the community that I doubt TW would mind whitelisting.

But all in all I do love the new patch and agree that its been a great boost to the game :D, a few minor tweaks and all will be well :). Great job TW

Upvote 0
I agree that the game was funnier before the new-weapons-patch.

A pound or a skrake (if there was no bezerker) were moch more feared and it always was funny how all got panic (sry for bad english^^)

I love the husk (--> i hate him^^), i love the new maps but this game has lost something... i dont think it is that easy now but now you have to fear the quantity and not the quality (the power) of the single badass-dudes (fp, skrake).

Also some weapons became useless now and that's a pitty because the weapons are one of the points were KF is really good.

Upvote 0
not impressed. solo suicidal is kind of like, 6p hard. only lower zed count and slightly faster.

we also got to understand that, some people just don't want the challenge. I've come to realise this after watching my server run the same 5 arcade maps day in and day out. it might seem like crazy town to you and me, but a vast majority of the playerbase would rather just not put themselves in dangerous situations, playing on hard or suicidal to them is only a means of making it just hard enough to be fun.

I was trying to get at how its NOW easier solo any difficulty. And remember when the medics got nerferd? Level 6 medic got their speed back with thicker body armor.

Upvote 0