• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour: Normandy 1944

December Update:

http://forums.darkesthourgame.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7668&start=0

The Darkest Hour team is proud to announce the first of a series of new maps. This media release focuses on scenarios that give a context to new vehicles and weaponry - Carentan Causeway, Poteau Ambush and Vieux Recon.

Carentan Causeway

By June 9th the 101st Airborne division's plan to capture Carentan had been drawn up. The assault, scheduled to jump off just after midnight on the 10th, was for the 327th GIR to cross the Douve et Br

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Media Release #5: December 2010

http://forums.darkesthourgame.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7703

Continuing with our weekly media releases, the Darkest Hour team now introduces two maps directly from the community. Refined, polished and added to the official roster - Lutremange and Simonskall.

Lutremange
December 30th, 1944

An aggressive and chaotic surprise encounter between American troops of the 4th AD and 35th ID, and the 1.SS Panzerdivision near the village of Lutremange.

lutremange02.jpg

lutremange03.jpg

lutremange04.jpg

lutremange01.jpg

Simonskall
November 4th,1944

Just after daybreak, Colonel Seely's 110th Infantry Regiment pushed through the woods from the southwest into the outskirts of the village of Simonskall in order to create a threat to the pillboxes at Raffelsbrand. Unbeknownst to them, the village was occupied by elements of the German 275th Infanteriedivision who had prepared a hard defense against an Allied offensive into the corridor.

simonskall01.jpg

simonskall02.jpg

simonskall03.jpg

simonskall04.jpg

Upvote 0
Are there any plans to port the Hetzer and/or SdKfz 251 w. MG42 from the Hungarian mod to DH or to port the Pz VIB to RO?

if i had more to do with RotT than just playing it, i'd be keeping my models with my mod, rather than allowing my hard work to be adopted by another, and vice versa.
but it's not for me to say.

Upvote 0
So it seems like the only server with a reasonable population wants me to download hundreds of different little files, what the f**k did I just download the entire mod for? Why can't servers say how many stupid little files I need to download so at least I know how long I'll be waiting.

Sigh, delete local content. Vanilla RO has that problem too, but I expect it to.

Upvote 0
I just want to say that I find the colored smoke to be very...irksome. I understand what you as a team set out to do with it, but I feel like player psychology was not taken in to account sufficiently. People will use whatever edge they can, and smoke provides concealment. This leads to, in what experience I have, seeing gray, orange, and red smoke covering the maps. It's just a little silly is all.

Upvote 0
Evil Hobo said:
to be very...irksome.
Yeah, We've taken some steps to minimize the "orange/red" smoke spamming however in the meantime you can always get rid of them via the map editor.

Mekstizzle said:
wants me to download hundreds of different little files, what the f**k did I just download the entire mod for? Why can't servers say how many stupid little files I need to download so at least I know how long I'll be waiting.
First the populated servers (ie the always full ones at top of list) have few very little little files (overhead map grid and or player list mod which makes the player list longer when you hit tab) The rest of the files are either custom maps & or files that are attached to certain custom maps (sounds or other custom map stuff) which only a few maps have like DH-Berlin and DH-Ramelle (only 2 I can think of). Second, the DH mod is not responsible for servers and whatever custom content that they decide to implement take it up with them on their websites.
Stating your displeasure of downloading what I suspect are custom maps here looks to me like a poorly veiled underhanded smear against the DH mod more than anything else especially as even you admit RO's top servers requires the downloading of large animation files, textures, statics, maps, etc (AHZ vehicle pack, CO's Isu-152, CC padded Soviet soldiers, SS skins,volkstrum,Mg mod, etc.) which dwarfs pretty much everything else in the server related download department.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, We've taken some steps to minimize the "orange/red" smoke spamming however in the meantime you can always get rid of them via the map editor.

Yes, I realize I am able to do that (and have). But the other maps I do find myself playing do feature the smoke. I suppose it's up to a patch to sort things out. I would probably suggest isolating these grenades to large, open maps as when on an urban map you might have a grenade go down and the bottom is enough to cover a doorway while the top of the smoke covers the windows.

Reactions: TT33 and Tank!
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0