• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The ArmA 2 thread (hurr hurr, no Armed Assault 2)

My copy arrived this afternoon. Great game, campaign seems much better than the last outing.

Needs some serious video power though. My Specs:

Core i7 920 2.67GHz
6GB DDR3 1333 RAM
GTX 280
30" LCD

Hah. Forget running this at 2560x1600. No chance. 1280x800 for me. While its ugly, its not blurry as its half my max res. All details set to normal. Post processing to low and motion blur and bloom turned off.

The engine does need some optimization though. Over the months i am sure it will speed up but i think the hope of running 2560x1600 is slim. If they made a video card fast enough then i would buy it. I would need a GPU at least 2x as fast as a GTX 280 and i would need to SLI them togeather and hope an SLI profile gets created for Arma II.

:D

That rig should be churning through ArmA on high details at minimum 1680x1050 D:

BTW ArmA 2 uses all the cores but never maxes them, which is weird.

Upvote 0
The game is available to anyone to buy and play now via nexway.

If you pay via credit/debit card and aren't in the UK or such you don't get charged VAT , but if you pay via paypal you get charged VAT, even if you are in the US .

However there is a limited amount of instals, which is why I didn't buy it via there.

Will wait the week for the Steam release.

Upvote 0
Srsly what do people expect? Buy a smaller monitor ...

Crossfire and SLI should work. Hopefully ATI and nVidia will address the game in future driver updates. I don't know how things work but if the game requires some optimization for multi GPU as well as the drivers then it should be in there.

Its a high end game afterall and should support high end hardware. Playing this game on Xbox resolutons is not the way to go.

Upvote 0
Really hyped about getting this, but I'm confused as to what version to buy.

Do you guys know if the retail version can be linked to steam for updates etc? I prefer Steam but not sure if I can be arsed to download 8GB... would much rather install from DVD then update from steam.

I'm even thinking of getting TrackIR to go with the game, even if its bloody expensive :p

Upvote 0
Wee finally got it installed on my desktop, and it runs like a dream everything on high/very high view distance @3000 odd and fillrate of 125.

Weird as some people with very similar specs to me seem to be moaning alot about performance but supposedly vista hates this game for some reason. (Q6600 @3Ghz, 4870 512, 4gig ram on win7 64)

Im guessing I should grab the newest patch for this, 1.02 isnt it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0