• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I thought weapons changed over time?

I only a couple of mission of the single-player yesterday, and guns do change. You start with rusty, dirty, worn and dull looking weapons, and by the third mission they give you new ones. Example: the MP-40 by the third mission is clean, with very few scratches on the bluing and you can see the rank markings on the rear sight.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I read somewhere that weapons will change in appearance over time,im not noticing any changes whatsoever, is this yet another feature missing?

Missing feature like many others.

Once more i cant help but feel cheated,hate to say it but for the first time in many years i feel let down by TW this past week.
Im enjoying RO2 but feel like im not getting anywhere near what i paid for.

Agreed.

Upvote 0
Really? with all the issues this game has you guys ***** about this crap?
I'm tired of these comments, if you want to be talking about the same old issues do it somewhere else. For people who want to talk about their own things, let them. Nobody is saying something should be prioritised over the other, you're making that up in your head you freakin schizoids.

Upvote 0
you know, it's weird. I find this incredibly backwards.. You'd think a combat hardened soldier's weapons WOULD be worn out, not new. New is implying you're fresh - not that you're experienced.

I guess the idea behind this is that everyone just gets some rifle in the beginning and as they proove that they are excellent fighters, they are being rewarded with newer, more reliable weapons, while all the people that could be considered cannon-fodder receive weapons of a minor quality.

Upvote 0
You'd think a combat hardened soldier's weapons WOULD be worn out, not new.

I'd imagine the more experienced soldiers would put a lot more effort into keeping their weaponry in top form. And rather less effort into shiny boots. So shiny clean weapon and dirty uniforms does make some sense.

Besides... isn't it a bit early for people to be talking of guns ageing in appearance? I doubt many people have hit 25 in any weapon, yet alone 50.

Upvote 0
Actually this is in the game, in the beginning you are using a USED weapon, once you reach a weapon lvl 25 and get the first weapon unlock you get a "standard issue" weapon and it looks a little better and the bolt will be shiny etc.. as you get even higher I believe you probably get a brand new one. I've tested this in the beta and it does work. At 25 you get standard issue for sure. So quit jumping the gun and listening to people that don't know what they are talking about trying to tell you its a missing feature because it isn't. It's absolutely there.

You also get better with your gun about 13% in each thing like reload speed, recoil control etc at weapon lvl 25.

Upvote 0