• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Rocket Artillery

there was 2 types of nebels....a 6 barrel round style...msot common

and a 6 or 8 barrel (cant remember) square carrier.

plus, they had a armored halftrack with a 8 barrel (again, i think) carrier. the half track was FULLY armored...side, top and front.

and why does it matter....your not goign to be able to see the rocket lancher it self........UNLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRIPWIRE please make the rocket lancher (nebel's, katushia) visible...and when it fires the guys come out and refill the rockets....so a smart commander would be able to see how long he has left to call in a strike,by the number of rockets loaded/not and how fast they reload it!

Upvote 0
TRIPWIRE please make the rocket lancher (nebel's, katushia) visible...and when it fires the guys come out and refill the rockets....so a smart commander would be able to see how long he has left to call in a strike,by the number of rockets loaded/not and how fast they reload it!
You are aware that the artillery pieces would be far outside of the map?

Reactions: RiccardoTheBeAst
Upvote 0
and a 6 or 8 barrel (cant remember) square carrier.

plus, they had a armored halftrack with a 8 barrel (again, i think) carrier. the half track was FULLY armored...side, top and front.

I think you mean the panzerwerfer but as far as I know it was introduced in 1943 so it won't be in the game.

Thanks, everyone, for your replies by the way.

Upvote 0
There was a version of the Sdkfz 251 halftrack that had 6 large rockets mounted on the sides in wooden frames (3 on each side). I think it was introduced in winter 41 or maybe 42?
Just another possibility.

Edit:
Just looked it up, nicknamed "Stuka zu fuss", 'Stuka on foot' is the rough translation
Sdfkz 251/1-II, not sure when it was introduced though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There was a version of the Sdkfz 251 halftrack that had 6 large rockets mounted on the sides in wooden frames (3 on each side). I think it was introduced in winter 41 or maybe 42?
Just another possibility.

Edit:
Just looked it up, nicknamed "Stuka zu fuss", 'Stuka on foot' is the rough translation
Sdfkz 251/1-II, not sure when it was introduced though.

Are you meanig the one in the first CoD 2 mission right?

sdkfz250-1-wurfrahmen.jpg

cod217.PNG

Upvote 0
IF it would actually matter (it doesn't since it's off-map) then vehicle mounted rockets like the Wurfrahmen 40 would be out of the question due to rarity, simply look at the low production numbers of the SdKfz 251 to see what I mean.

The most common German rockets would either be the standard arrayal of the 28cm/32cm in their wooden boxes propped up, or arrayed in a group of 4 rockets per mounting as seen below, or a dual mounting of 2x3 rockets. They were fired directly from their wooden transport frame, or the 2x3 launcher with metal framing seen below.

sWuG40.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-049-0176-26%2C_Russland%2C_Zugkraftwagen_mit_Nebelwerfern.jpg

ts

The other possiblity would either be the 15cm Nebelwerfer 41 or the 21cm Nebelwerfer 42. Those were in a 6 tube (5 for the Nbw. 42) "drum" arrangement. My personal guess for HoS would be the 15cm Nbw. 41 since it was pretty numerous and is the most similar to the 132mm Katyusha in terms of explosive power, although still a great deal more powerful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hopefully there will be very large maps modded in and some of these ideas put in game, would always be interesting to play around with. Whats kind of damage these rockets would do to a tank? Not sure.
Depending on the rocket.

For the 15cm Nbw. I'd guess a near miss within 2-3m would do some serious damage. For the 28cm one I'd say within 5m. I'm not too sure about the 32cm, since that one was incendiary.

And even with a miss a bit further off you could be looking at serious concussion of the crew, damage to radio equipment (they were still using really fragile crystals back then), optics, etc. Generally, a hit of one of these things within 20m certainly isn't healthy for a tank, albeit knocking one out would require a very close hit.

Reactions: echutter
Upvote 0
Nice pics mates, were do you guys find them? (Exept for google xD)

A good source for pictures is the German "Bundesarchiv" (national archive).

A link to the picture search-engine:
http://www.bild.bundesarchiv.de/

Easiest way to find it if you click the tab "topic search". It helps a lot if you speak German though, as the search topics are all in German.

Last edited:
Upvote 0