• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad [AE] AssEater - 2 servers on Hard, biweekly Suicidal games

Ihmhi

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
www.asseater.org
[AE] AssEater
http://www.asseater.org
~ Proudly serving you the one finger salute since 1995 ~

= - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - =

[AE] #1: Hard, Stock & Custom Maps, All Whitelisted

[AE] #2: Hard, 24/7 defence_b2

Server Rules

1) No racism, period. This is a permabannable offense.

2) No theft of other player's weapons. If someone dies, it's courtesy to leave their weapons on the ground so they can retrieve them. If someone says anyone can take their gun, or if you ask and they say yes, then that is fine. Any theft observed by an [AE] member will be dealt with immediately - if the weapon is not returned or an equal amount of money is not paid as compensation, you will be kicked from the server promptly. Repeat offenses will result in a session ban (banned for the duration of the current game) and eventually a permaban.

3) Insults and trash-talking are fine by us - par for the course, as it were. There's a fine line between fun trash-talk and harassing someone. If you cross that line, you will be warned and may be kicked. If you have to think about whether or not you're giving a player(s) way too much ****, then it's probably harassment. Repeat offenses will result in a session ban (banned for the duration of the current game) and eventually a permaban.

4) Going idle or AFK for more than 30 seconds without letting people know you are going AFK will result in a kick if the server is full. (We always kick idle players to allow people who are actually going to play the chance to have fun.) If you are AFK for an excessive amount of time you may be kicked anyway.

5) [AE] members pledge to act in the highest respect of simply having a good time. If an [AE] member makes your gameplay experience frustrating in any way (either through admin abuse, griefing, theft of weapons, etc.) feel free to contact me at [email protected] and I will rectify the situation (lol rectify). This applies not only to our own server but to any server. Evidence in the form of a video or demo will go a long way towards substantiating your claims beyond "I saw this particular [AE] member blocking the door on this server". [AE] members found in violation of the spirit of fun, fair play and/or found to have played in an unsportsmanlike manner may be reprimanded, suspended, or kicked out from the clan altogether.

6) Using any exploits in a map - basically, going to areas where specimens can not reach you - will be met with a warning and eventually a kick. Repeat offenses will result in a session ban (banned for the duration of the current game) and eventually a permaban.

7) Spamming voice or text chat will result in a warning, then a kick.

8) Violating any of these rules will typically follow this procedure:

• Warning
  • Kick
  • Session ban (banned for the remainder of the current game)
  • Permanent ban
If you feel an admin has abused their power you may e-mail me at [email protected] and I will endeavor to reply within 72 hours.

9) [AE] members reserve the right to kick, session ban, or ban any player for any reason whatsoever. We pay for the server and it is very much our right. If you feel an admin has abused their power you may e-mail me at [email protected] and I will endeavor to reply within 72 hours.

10) Again, we pledge to bring you the best gameplay experience that a clan has to offer, whether you join us or happen to be a visitor on one of our servers. We hope that you'll enjoy your gameplay experience on the [AE] servers. Any complaints may be forwarded to me at [email protected] or via private message on these forums.

About Asseater

The ASSEATER CLAN is a group of ADULT individuals who enjoy playing online games for FUN and meeting new people. Most of of our clan members are NOT hardcore gamers; they are mostly part time gamers that put their everyday lives before online gaming. We like a lot of clans started out as a group of close friends that used to things with each other on a social basis "in the real world". Since then our members have grown but the we still all consider each other to be good friends and conduct things socially each year as a group.

The ASSEATER CLAN is basically a "for fun" only playing clan that doesn't normally play in leagues. With that said however, to promote the various mods we currently play we have may end up playing in various leagues/guilds. We regularly try to play against other clans in friendly scrimmages/matches in all the mods that we play.

Asseater has been around for over 15 years and has a longstanding tradition of fair, fun play as well as a twisted sense of humor. If you can't take and dish insults, you won't survive very long in [AE]!

[AE] is a multi-gaming clan - Killing Floor is one of many games we play, but you are in no way required to play any of the other games we do. If you want, you're more than welcome!

More info: http://asseater.org/cmps_index.php?pageid=aboutus

[AE]'s Killing Floor Division

[AE]'s Killing Floor division started in late August of 2009 founded and commanded by me, [AE] 0112 Ihmhi.

We gained members largely through the combined efforts of myself and [AE] 455 Nerkle. We have since grown to about 10 steady members and are hoping to continue expanding. You can view the entire clan roster (all [AE] divisions) at http://www.asseater.org/cmps_index.php?pageid=memberlist if you're interested in that sort of thing.

We have two servers, listed above. We close down [AE] #1 Tuesday and Thursday nights at 9:30PM EST (GMT-5) for Suicidal games - clan and guests of the clan only. While we typically try to give fair warning to players in-game, if a game is running too long into our schedule we'll unfortunately have to password our server and end the game. We do occasionally like to use the server for ourselves. d:

On that same topic, occasionally [AE] members may lock out the server for private play - playing games with friends, training a new member, running a clan trial, etc. [AE] #2 will pretty much always be open no matter what.

If a map is dewhitelisted or found to have a crippling and/or common exploit, it will be removed from [AE] #1. (If defence_b2 is found to have such problems, [AE] #2 will be tasked to some other function.) Stock maps will always be available on [AE]'s flagship server, #1.

[AE] is recruiting!

We are always looking for more people to join [AE] and play with us! Here's the basic rundown of what you have to do to join [AE].

1) Fill out our join form at http://www.asseater.org/cmps_index.php?pageid=Join_Form as completely as possible. Real name is appreciated but not necessary. If you do not receive a reply within 48 hours, the form times out, or the website is not functioning, you may fill out the following information and e-mail it to [email protected] with the subject line Killing Floor Application.

Code:
First Name: (optional)

Last Name: (optional)

In Game Alias: (required)

IM Screen Name: (optional)

IM Platform: (optional)

Favorite Quote: (required - yes, this is required. d; )

Player_Level: Beginner/Good/Average/Advanced/Expert/God Like! (required)

Primary Class: (required)

Secondary Class: (required)

Connection Speed: (required)

Primary_Position: Offensive Player/Defensive Player (required)

Referring Member: (optional - if you were invited by an [AE] member, list their name and/or numbers here)

SteamID: (required - if you don't know, we will help you figure this out)

Location: (required, to at least your state/province/prefecture/etc. & country)

Comments: (optional)
2) If you are 18+, you'll be fine to join [AE]. If you are under 18, we accept players ages 15-18 for our junior division of [ae]. Junior players are limited in their admin privaledges and other minor ways, and they do not get their numbers until they turn 18. We may very, very, very rarely make exceptions to this rule. Very rarely. VERY!

3) You must send e-mails back and forth with our overall clan leader, [AE] 417, to further complete your information if need be and to select your [AE] number if you are over 18. (More on this in the next section.) We typically do not make exceptions for choosing a number.

4) You must run a tryout game to see how you play - moreso about how you behave as a player than how good you are. (This may be skipped if a member referred you and has seen you play for some time.)

5) Once your are approved for your trial period, you must wear trial tags as either [*AE*] or *[AE]* for adult members and [*ae*] or *[ae]* for junior members. You must play at least 3 games in your 3 week trial period with at least one other full [AE] member - they will report in your presence to me.

6) If you succesfully complete your trial period and the above steps, you will be subject to the approval of [AE] 417 (the overall clan leader) and myself (the KF division leader). When we gain a larger pool of active members, we will move on to a majority-rules voting system, with myself and [AE] 417 reserving the right to veto the votes entirely. Keep in mind that only one person in 15 years has not passed their vote after completing their trial period - we're generally good guys who want more good other people to play with. Once this is complete, you are a member of [AE]!

What's the deal with the numbers?

Originally, [AE] members completely replaced their names with numbers (such as [AE] 0112) in the spirit of clan unity as well as a confusion tactic in organized clan play.

In recent years, newer members (such as myself) point out that many people today would be unwilling to give up their gaming name (and the associated reputation), and that translates into less people joining [AE]. The proper format for an [AE] member's name is:

[AE] ### NAME

Where ### is a unique 3-5 digit number, chosen by the member in their trial period, and typically special or significant to them in some way. Some members just do geeky things, some members pick significant dates (such as the day their wife passed away or they day they decided to become sober), some members use leetspeak (sorry, 1337 is taken. So is 420.), and some members just pick random numbers.

The numbers are considered an extension of the clan tag as well as a banner of honor to the fine 15+ year tradition of [AE].

[AE] Killing Floor Divison Roster

[AE] Clan Leader: [AE] 417
[AE] Killing Floor Division Leader: [AE] 0112 Ihmhi
[AE] Killing Floor Vice Division Leader: [AE] 455 Nerkle (currently on leave)

Members (In order of joining):

[AE] 5346 Xenocat
[AE] 81206 Iggy
[ae] Desyphur
[AE] 4357 4est
[AE] 1337 Shadow00Caster
[AE] 8008 Pinky
[AE] 490 AirForceRules
[AE] 525 Shock&Awe
[AE] 9999 Bunny
[AE] 513 Memphis L.
[AE] 1314 Devil_of_Angel
[AE] 444 Endless
[ae] TheTempestKing
[AE] 1212 ****TYWHOREX

Last edited:
Server #2 is climbing the ranks insanely fast! It's almost cracked the top 50 and we're extremely proud of it.

It's likely that #2 and #1 will switch numbers. It doesn't seem that right to me that [AE] #2 will end up being more popular than #1, so sometime soon they will switch.

As for the map(s) on (current) #2... I have plans for this server in the near future. My clanmates know what I'm talking about. The rest of you will have to wait and see. :D

I would like to reiterate that we are recruiting. We have no requirements for perk levels outside of getting in the door for our biweekly Suicidal games. (It's a matter of being able to be a useful player in that environment, and anything less than Level 5 will only be a liability.)

Many of our clan members are experienced players - all of us have at least one Level 6 perk, and many of us have multiple (if not all) - and we are very glad to offer advice relating to the perks as well as assistance training them. I've mentored more than a few people in the perks that I specialize in and it's great to see the results pay off.

Consider joining [AE]. We are growing rapidly and we are looking for more people to join us!

Upvote 0
I'll check out your servers sometime. I've been looking for a decent clan as PUGs can get a bit annoying. I typically play medic which in turn has made me a pretty decent Sharpshooter as well. I saw you recruiting in another thread, but I was wanting to hold off because my medic and sharpshooter are only level 3. That, and I have absolutely no experience playing on hard yet.

Overall, my biggest weakness is that I don't really know most of the maps. If it's West London, more often then not I'm screwed.

Anyway, I'll go jump on your servers when I get some time. Who knows? Hard could be fun. :)

Upvote 0
I'll check out your servers sometime. I've been looking for a decent clan as PUGs can get a bit annoying. I typically play medic which in turn has made me a pretty decent Sharpshooter as well. I saw you recruiting in another thread, but I was wanting to hold off because my medic and sharpshooter are only level 3. That, and I have absolutely no experience playing on hard yet.

Overall, my biggest weakness is that I don't really know most of the maps. If it's West London, more often then not I'm screwed.

Anyway, I'll go jump on your servers when I get some time. Who knows? Hard could be fun. :)
With a half decent team, Perk Levels of 3+ should be fine for Hard. Hope to see you there sometime!

Upvote 0
Welcome Back, Nerkle.

Welcome Back, Nerkle.

I would personally like to extend a warm and hearty welcome back to AssEater's Killing Floor Vice Division Leader, [AE] 455 Nerkle.

For those of you who don't know him, Nerkle is legend among the [AE] crew. He singlehandedly pulled a Wave 10 Hard game out of the crapper against 200+ Zeds. He helped build this division of our clan and made it what it is today.

Nerkle was the first member to join [AE] specifically for Killing Floor. Nobody besides himself and I know that he almost left [AE] because I was, frankly, lazy about getting things rolling with our very first server. He shocked me into action. That was the first step that brought [AE] to what it is today.

Today, [AE] is a healthy clan with over a dozen solid members and two servers for Killing Floor alone. We are all both comrades and friends and it is my earnest hope that we will be that way for many years.

Welcome back, Nerkle. You've made an invaluable contribution to [AE] and myself as both an administrator and a friend. I look forward to fragging with you. If you're fortunate enough to ever see Nerkle in a game, toss him a hello and welcome him back to the community.

Love,
Immy

Upvote 0