• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Halloween Event Not Working

ESMS

Feb 27, 2011
My buddy just recently got KF with the sale that is going on currently, and I decided to play with him last night. Sad part was, almost no servers showed up and when I tried to join them I got a 'package version engine mismatch'.

Thought that was odd and that maybe they would patch it by today. I just went on to KF and the server list was barren, which I know is a problem on my end. I did a little searching through my steam support folder on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and found an .exe file in the folder marked 'Killing Floor Sideshow Event'.

This is just a guess, but I'm going to point my finger at the .exe for the reason this update is not working for me. I'm hoping the devs see this so that maybe it will be patched before the event is over.

Also, is this an isolated event with just me? Are there others having this problem out there?

My buddy just recently got KF with the sale that is going on currently, and I decided to play with him last night. Sad part was, almost no servers showed up and when I tried to join them I got a 'package version engine mismatch'.

Thought that was odd and that maybe they would patch it by today. I just went on to KF and the server list was barren, which I know is a problem on my end. I did a little searching through my steam support folder on Mac OS X 10.6.8 and found an .exe file in the folder marked 'Killing Floor Sideshow Event'.

This is just a guess, but I'm going to point my finger at the .exe for the reason this update is not working for me. I'm hoping the devs see this so that maybe it will be patched before the event is over.

Also, is this an isolated event with just me? Are there others having this problem out there?

Same happening with me on Mac, when I use bootcamp and run KF it works fine but on Mac it says "'package version engine mismatch"

Upvote 0
As Mac user I also got this problem. I can only see favorite servers and even there I get all perks at zero.
And btw there is no point contacting steam support. I've done so before on numerous occasions including very similar to this one. The only response I got: contact game developers. Thanks steam for awesome support.

I only hope that Tripwire fix this soon, so that mac users wouldn't be cut off from possibility to get new player skin.

Upvote 0
Killing Floor Version Mismatch Issue

Killing Floor Version Mismatch Issue

I can confirm the same issue that others are reporting on the Mac version. It would be nice if Tripwire would actually take a serious look at this. The game is completely unusable as it is. For me it looks like my son got 2 patches on his PC for KF yesterday and my Mac got 1. My son got the PC patch and had the widespread PC problem of really fast movement and starting with no weapons. My Mac got a patch at the same time and worked fine. Later my kid let me know that Steam had just downloaded a second patch to his PC, and that the game had started working normally. No second Mac patch was downloaded or installed (at least yesterday) When I started to play after his had been patched, my Mac version started getting the problem that has been described by everyone else in this thread: I only see empty servers and I get a version mismatch when I try to connect to them. I have verified the game cache, and now I am re-downloading, but it seems like the Mac version is not in sync with the PC version. Others have reported no luck with re-downloading.

Upvote 0
Same thing for me - After Halloween update

Same thing for me - After Halloween update

Before this Halloween Event Update, there was no problem other than sometimes perks showing "0" even though I am level 3 or 4. Tripwire needs to either restore the previous setting so us MAC users can play or provide a patch for us. :mad:

Also, my TF2 disappeared and had to re-install. TF2 works with no problems after re-installing.

Upvote 0
No luck

No luck

I can confirm the same issue that others are reporting on the Mac version. It would be nice if Tripwire would actually take a serious look at this. The game is completely unusable as it is. For me it looks like my son got 2 patches on his PC for KF yesterday and my Mac got 1. My son got the PC patch and had the widespread PC problem of really fast movement and starting with no weapons. My Mac got a patch at the same time and worked fine. Later my kid let me know that Steam had just downloaded a second patch to his PC, and that the game had started working normally. No second Mac patch was downloaded or installed (at least yesterday) When I started to play after his had been patched, my Mac version started getting the problem that has been described by everyone else in this thread: I only see empty servers and I get a version mismatch when I try to connect to them. I have verified the game cache, and now I am re-downloading, but it seems like the Mac version is not in sync with the PC version. Others have reported no luck with re-downloading.

Re-downloading did not solve this problem. I am still unable to play online.

Upvote 0
is tripewire going to do ANYTHING to solve this. its been going on for 2 days already and this is not fair. I cannot play the game online at all.

i cant access any servers for online play because of the package engine mismatch
and i cant even host my own game OR play in solo mode because all my perks are gone
WTF

i have a brand new mac running lion

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Derka Derka Event!

Derka Derka Event!

Any reason this hasn't been fixed on the unknown steam server error prevented this from loading?? The "I got no perks or servers to play on?"? Hellooo!? I have enjoyed all the other events that Tripwire had put out but this one broke it man. Help! I'm beggin ya!?

Re download doesn't fix diddly...and it is a waste of my time btw. I have already had to download KF twice to fix "issues" in the past but this one appears that it is a server issue with Steam according to the "error" message I am getting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sent an email to tech support.

Sent an email to tech support.

I have sent an email to tech support: hopefully they will get it figured out soon. So far as the Mac folks I have contacted go I have run into not even 1 Mac user who can play this game on the internet servers since the update Thursday. No Halloween KF for me. Bummer.

Upvote 0
add for the troubleshooting mac version haloween 2011
( on Snow leopard 10.6.8 )

we cant choose characters ( DLC or so on ) , message Steam error appears.
if i play solo , same thing , cant choose any other class and lvl is always 0

if we go on servers empty ( old version KF 1025 ) , we have URL error Engine mismatch after connecting

in the version before halloween 2011 ,
i have on connexion servers same thing ( lvl 0 ) before and i cannot change class ( window web admin appears bot nothing else )

something worng with 3D profil/mesh characters
any change with source mac on that ?

Upvote 0
so apparently someone was saying that all windows users are running kf version 1027 but all of our macs are running 1026. this could be the main issue

Yeah, i am on version 1026, but my friend who is on windows is on 1027.

My theory is that tripwire and all the multiplayer servers have advanced to 1027, but they leave us mac uses left in the dust. Very disappointed that they have not don't anything to fix it.

Upvote 0