• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why the late SDK is going to kill the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's been about 2 months now since the game was released, and people still aren't allowed to change it, to add content to it, or to 'fix' the problems they see with it. This will kill the community. Forcing people to stick with vanilla RO2 is why the average player count drops every day.

Why do you feel the need that mods will make the game better? As messy as the system is now its not 1/2 bad. Sure TWIs' method are as hell questionable but the game is not a bad title.

Upvote 0
Oh look. This thread again.

Since the only conceivable reason that TWI is withholding the SDK is that they're trying to kill the fun for everyone, why don't you try programming a toolkit? It's a lot of fun (read: horrible, buggy, tedious slog)!

Most companies don't even bother releasing a toolkit. Be patient, it's coming. The community isn't about to drop dead anytime soon. Enough with these threads.

Upvote 0
Following this train of thought, all games without SDKs are bound to fail.

Most modern games are designed to have a short life ...so you will buy the next sequel in the series.That's why the main stream companies refuse to put out powerful SDK's.Instead of a steady stream of free content they prefer to charge their customers out the a$$ for shallow DLC's.

Even if Rising Storm is a paid expansion trust me it want be a DLC type one.It will be a game on its own and it will have to be really good for it to be a paid expansion and if that's the case it will be deserved.I too wished the SDK would release but,I'm patient enough to wait appreciating the fact that TWI is generous enough to even release one.

Reactions: Ducky
Upvote 0
Most modern games are designed to have a short life ...so you will buy the next sequel in the series.That's why the main stream companies refuse to put out powerful SDK's.Instead of a steady stream of free content they prefer to charge their customers out the a$$ for shallow DLC's.

Even if Rising Storm is a paid expansion trust me it want be a DLC type one.It will be a game on its own and it will have to be really good for it to be a paid expansion and if that's the case it will be deserved.I too wished the SDK would release but,I'm patient enough to wait appreciating the fact that TWI is generous enough to even release one.

this is true.

prepare yourselves for RO3!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.