• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta test request: STATS and SOUND

The no-sound bug definitely isn't fixed for me. I just played a round of Countdown and during the second round I wasn't hearing any gunfire except my own, even at close ranges. The music started looping abnormally too, like every few seconds. This is pretty much exactly what happens when I play the non-beta.

The sound quality seemed better at first, but it's a tricky bug to recreate.

Framerates seem slightly better on some maps at low settings- haven't done a benchmark yet but I believe I'm still averaging 25 FPS on most maps (low settings), and still <20 on maps like FF and Pavlov's.

Artillery FPS is improved drastically. Thanks!

That isn't the bug that we fixed. We fixed the bug where all sounds would go away on server travel.

Upvote 0
Everybody should start at 3 honor in the beta, and will start at 10 honor in retail.

And double credit is correct. We will be running double credit for awhile after the wipe so players can earn faster.

But at the moment you actually get quadruple weapon level points for kills.
This is because you get 2 weapon kills in the weapon statistics for one actual kill.
And then you get the double amount of the 2 kills as level points (as intended) resulting in 4 level points for one kill.

Upvote 0
But at the moment you actually get quadruple weapon level points for kills.
This is because you get 2 weapon kills in the weapon statistics for one actual kill.
And then you get the double amount of the 2 kills as level points (as intended) resulting in 4 level points for one kill.

Kills are correct at normally gaining 2 "kill points". Assists count as 1.

Upvote 0
Kills are correct at normally gaining 2 "kill points". Assists count as 1.

I am talking about the weapon statistics. I thought "Kills" (the entry directly above accuracy) is actually your number of kills. Not the number of kill points or level points or something like this. And whenever I get a kill in the game with a weapon it will give me 2 kills in the statistics.

Upvote 0
I am talking about the weapon statistics. I thought "Kills" (the entry directly above accuracy) is actually your number of kills. Not the number of kill points or level points or something like this. And whenever I get a kill in the game with a weapon it will give me 2 kills in the statistics.
But, didn't they already say they are giving double kills for a while so people can get back the time they lost?

Upvote 0

But, didn't they already say they are giving double kills for a while so people can get back the time they lost?

Both of these are semi correct. That stat has always been a kill point which happened to coincide with number of kills. By doing this double kill/xp time it will cause that number to be incorrect in terms of kills and we are looking at renaming it to avoid confusion.

Upvote 0
im still experiencing the same issues as befor while in the beta.
[url]http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2157487[/URL]
Well played 4 rounds on beta.

Music constantly playing
jolting Warp or lag cut screens
no sound in game only sound I hear is the click empty
mag sound.
I noticed the sound has something to do with the getting shot and
slowly bleeding and dieing. as that sounds disapates, then never comes back.

ASUS R3E\Intel i7x950\Nvidia GTX580xGTX465 for physics\Sound Blaster Titainium PCIexpress series 7.1\8gb PC1600 ripjaws\win7x64

Upvote 0
Both of these are semi correct. That stat has always been a kill point which happened to coincide with number of kills. By doing this double kill/xp time it will cause that number to be incorrect in terms of kills and we are looking at renaming it to avoid confusion.

I do like statistics, in some aspects, so I know at least I would have appreciated being able to see both points (as is now), but also kills and assists. That would mean a total of three counters. I am fine as it is now, but the possibility to see if I am the one taking the final shots or the helping hand would sure have been interesting. A marginal remark, but well...

Other than that it seems your decisions, concerning this stats situation, are the reasonable ones. Keep it up!

Upvote 0
Just wanted to add that it looks like the official server is running Pavlov's House quite a bit. Whatever optimizations you did, my framerate absolutely dives at Zab's house. Less than 10 FPS, and it doesn't even seem to recover. I really can't play as the Russians on that map.

I was just playing a standard map rotation waiting for the next map to load. CD-Barracks. It takes about 5 minutes, the first message I hear is the Russian guy saying "We have lost this round, but victory will be ours." Pretty irritating.

EDIT: I just had my own gunshots stop being audible in beta. First time that's ever happened.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Quick report:

No sudden stat jumps, but something weird started happening. For five real kills on the DP28, I recieved 10 kills (normal so far), then twenty kill points. Similar thing happened with the k98. Kill points appear to be quadrupled, counting 4x towards weapon leveling, while kills are doubled, as they should be.

Some other bugs (don't know if these are just left over or something):
--not all gunshots play. I got mowed down by an MP40 while running down a hallways without hearing a single shot.
--manual bolting enabled bolt-action rifles don't leave hit impacts once more.

Upvote 0
Quick report:

No sudden stat jumps, but something weird started happening. For five real kills on the DP28, I recieved 10 kills (normal so far), then twenty kill points. Similar thing happened with the k98. Kill points appear to be quadrupled, counting 4x towards weapon leveling, while kills are doubled, as they should be.

This is working as designed.

Kills are worth 2 kill points, and assists are worth 1 kill points. So yes you should get 4 kill points per kill with double kill bonus.

Upvote 0
Here are alll the ending screens after a round last night on the Beta beast server:

2011100500001qo.jpg

2011100500002.jpg

2011100500003f.jpg

2011100500004.jpg

2011100500005.jpg

Here are all the ending screens from the round played the night before:

2011100400002.jpg

2011100400003.jpg

2011100400004.jpg

2011100400005.jpg

2011100400006p.jpg

It looks like it is giving us the double kills that TWI said we would have, but the points don't add up for rifleman. It looks like I went DOWN from the 1st to the second. I haven't had any unearned accomplishments or jumps in rank.

Last edited:
Reactions: Goten and Verluste
Upvote 0