• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Specs and FPS Results or Approximations

how do you display the FPS you are doing?.

PC gamer for only 9 months now, so still learning all this stuff.

No need to use fraps. Press ' (Well on UK Keyboards may be ` on american layout) when the console is up type in 'stat fps' without comma's, that will bring up the ingame frame counter.

For those doubting against AMD/ATI graphics cards they run perfectly, mine as posted arn't supposed to 'support' the game at recommend settings whats a bit odd since they are the equivlent to the 260GTX's. Just use a mixture of the catalyst control center and ingame settings :)

Upvote 0
Win7 4GB of RAM

i2rt39.jpg
i2rt39.jpg
i2rt39.jpg

I get 45-50 FPS on Fallen Heroes, but on Apartments, FRAPS says I'm getting 20-25FPS. Feels just as smooth as FH map though.

Anyway, I'm pleased with the performance of the BETA.

Roll on final build! :IS2:

Upvote 0
My system:
Win 7 Sp1 64 bit
Q9550 @ 3.6Ghz
Asus P5Q SE/R
6 gigs Mushkin DDR2 1066 cas 5
auzentech X-Fi forte
Nvidia GTX 470 @ 750Mhz core.

Frames:
64 player server - Appartments
Min = 29
Average = 40 (outdoors in smoke is ~35)
Max = 60 (indoor)

Settings:
1920x1080 resolution
They were all default Ultra
Disabled Ambient Occlusion
Disabled Frame Smoothing
Post Processing set to Low
Highest AA filter settings (default): 8MLAA?

Nvidia driver: 280.19
Single Monitor performance mode
Quality texture setting
3 pre-frame render
AA and AF application controlled
All filters turned off (no performance or visual enhancements)

Upvote 0
Its clear that some people having problems with FPS. So its probably a good idea to start a Specs and Comments thread.

Mine As Follows:
Windows 7 64 Bit
i7 960 3.2 Ghz
Geforce GTX 570, Standard Clock, Latest WHQL Drivers
12 GB DDR3 RAM
120 GB SSD

Games Settings: Ultra, no Vsync (Hate it)
Experience: Runs like smooth silk (Forgive the simile).

My Resolution is low, 1366 X 768 (16:9). But that's because I use my tv as my computer monitor. Which is in turn hooked up to my PS3 in my office as well.

I also CCleaner, Defrag, and Restore or Reinstall Windows 7 regularly.
What a waste of CPU/GPU power. Get a proper display.

Upvote 0
My system:

Win 7 Sp1 64 bit
i7 920 @ 3.4 GHz
Asus P6T
6GB OCZ Gold (3x2) DDR3 1600
HD5770 SAPPHIRE VAPOR-X 1GB GDDR5

I play @1920x1080, latest GPU drivers installed.

Tested on Apartments - 64 players.

All settings Low, everything turned off:

Min = 56
Average = 72.43
Max = 83

All settings medium, FXAA low, everything else turned off:

Min = 40
Average = 71
Max = 56.97

All settings Ultra, everything turned on.
Min = 17
Average = 23.08
Max = 27

I'm fine with playing on low settings, I just want a constantly stable 60+ FPS.

Upvote 0
I have a:
GTX 560 ti
I7 920 @ factory clock
7GB ddr3 3 2GB sticks of good memory and 1 of the crap that came with my PC

Runs on Ultra with everything Max at 30+ FPS

Turn AA down one setting and I get 35-40FPS

It seems like you're getting a lot better performance than I am. My FPS sometimes drops to 30 or even lower, and I'm running the game on high, with no ultra settings. I have a GTX 560 ti as well.

Yeah, it seems like everyone else is getting better frame rates than I am. I can only run the game on high. My processor is a Phenom II x4 955 quad-core, so that might be limiting me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
playing on my new ASUS laptop:

i5-2410M at 2.36 GHz
Geforce GT 540M 1GB
4GB dd3 memory
5400rpm hard drive

Playing with High on everything and Ultra on textures. I love nice crisp textures so had to max that one, not tried playing with other settings than the texture one.

Game runs very nice and smooooth. I have no idea what fps it is running at, nor do I care, it runs smooth in all situations, so smooth that i can't blame a single one of my deaths so far on my computer :mad: ;)

Was worried that the GPU wouldn't be up for it, but have so far only been presently surprised by it. Since it was the best GPU i could find without jumping 2-3 price ranges.

Knowing my fps only leads to bad things for me, got a game to concentrate on, not tweaking settings and believing in the placebo.

The maps load a bit on the slow side, but nothing too painful, and i will be getting a faster hard drive (been looking into those hybrid hard drives.) So that will improve hopefully.

Upvote 0
Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1
AMD Phenom 2 X4 955 BE 3.7 GHz OC
4 GB Corsair XMS3 1333MHz 8-8-8-24-36
ASUS M4A785TD-V
OCZ Vertex 2 60GB OS Drive
WD Caviar Black 640GB Game Drive
MSI GTX560Ti Twin Frozr 970MHz/2250MHz OC

All settings high except AA (Nvidia Panel override to 8xCSAA) , vsync on, one frame thread lag off, and using HW physics at 1600x900.

On Fallen Heroes (64 man):

35-60 fps, mostly in high 50s range.

On Apartments (64 man):

30-60 fps, mostly around 50 fps

Upvote 0
2.6 dual core Intel
1Gig GTX 9800GT
4 Gig Ram
Windows Vista

Runs pretty poorly. In apartments I could get a steady 30-40 FPS with a mix of high, medium and low settings (Shadows low, mostly everything medium, textures high). Get big drops in FPS in close quarters battle.

Fallen Fighters constantly gives me problems as my FPS can go anywhere from 40 FPS to 15 FPS in a heartbeat. I feel like the maps specifically could have done with some optimization.

Upvote 0