• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Best/worst feature

Buttsarish

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 17, 2011
So basically just post your favorite/least favorite feature of the game and why you like/dislike it. i suppose it's only fitting that i start off

Best: I would say that the best part is by far the weapon mechanics, very few games got weapons that feel so good and there is nothing like killing three guys by hip firing a nagant revolver and this is something that TWI did a really good job on and it is definatly something other FPS games should look into. Sadly this will probably make it hard for me to play games that lack similar mechanics but sooner or later they will cath up, right?

Worst: We have all heard about the problems with bugs and rare weapons but neither of them make it to my worst list. Most bugs will hopfully go away quite soon and the rare weapons don't really bother me that much since they add some more diversity but i do agree that they a way too common.

In my opinion the presence of a K/D ratio is by far the worst addition to the game and i would be the last thing i excpected from a RO game. I can just try to ignore it but somehow it's still there bugging me and taking the fun out of the game and making everything more frustrating. But that isn't the worst part, the worst part is by far that the K/D ratio actually promotes sitting back in your spawn and avoiding the objectives like the plague, that kind of behaviour was already a problem in RO and don't think this is going to help get rid of this behaviour.

Best: the adjustable sights and the mantel function

Worst: the suppression function (it doesn't work, I still manage to fight on when all my screen is blurred black and white. I find that in that state, there should be uncontrollable weapon sway what is circeling around and making it hard to shoot. Or my character should get heartattack from the adrenalin when stayed to long in that state)

EDIT: Also under the worst: guns tend to be too accuarate, should be less accuarte, I know that in firing range they are really good, but don't forget that on battlefield soldiers have fear and adrenalin flowing through them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Best: the whole covering system, bullet penetrating thin walls and concrete walls give good cover, peeking over from cover and firing blindly
Worst: Machinegun recoil, only accurate hit with deployed mg is singleshot, in singleplayer I got few enemies killed with hip firing MG34 with multiple singleshots in close quarters fight.

Upvote 0
Worst feature: Plane recon. It's 1942, I don't see the point of calling a Luftwaffe/VVS recon mission (sure SL were denied such a possibility, only high ranked officers were able to do that...) to spot for the enemy out of a burning pile of bricks, from 2500 meters high... No IR sighting, no night-vision...But still you can spot exactly where the enemy is...

What a about a different system, such as capturing an objective, searching for a document to simulate acquired enemy intel, and then the SL would be able to see, in his map, not where the enemy soldiers are, but the area of spawning, for example...

Upvote 0
I like a lot in the game(guns, characters movement, sounds etc), but things that stick out as annoying is the automated voice system. I've been killed/detected countless times due to my character screaming out unnecessary voice lines, also an automatic respawn function would be nice so that you don't have to click "spawn here" after every death.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Best....well new features I like the manteling and though at times abit awkward the cover system. All the other best features were already in RO.

Worst...Lag, it's a game breaker at times, though I know that isn't a feature but it seems to be at the moment. Uber Smg's and way to many of them. Horrible prone system that half the time doesn't let you drop down especially when your being fired at is damn annoying. Maps lacking histroical accuarcy which is also taking away the atmosphere. I mean look at Commisar House, anyway who has seen recon photos knows that landscape should look like WW1. Snow never had the chance to settle there. It looks like the Germans and Russians must have had pin point accuracy with their Arty, and considering the Germans carpet bombed that City aswell the terrian sure doesn't look like that.

Upvote 0
Worst feature: Plane recon. It's 1942, I don't see the point of calling a Luftwaffe/VVS recon mission (sure SL were denied such a possibility, only high ranked officers were able to do that...) to spot for the enemy out of a burning pile of bricks, from 2500 meters high... No IR sighting, no night-vision...But still you can spot exactly where the enemy is...

What a about a different system, such as capturing an objective, searching for a document to simulate acquired enemy intel, and then the SL would be able to see, in his map, not where the enemy soldiers are, but the area of spawning, for example...

Good idea. I agree the recon plane is going into fantasy way to much.

Upvote 0
The best feature of RO2, in my opinion, is the simple fact that while I suck out loud at it, it's engaging enough that I want to stick around and get better. I do get frustrated when I'm picked off by people who spend the whole match staring down sights that are aimed at the paths out of my spawn, but it just makes me want to try harder to sneak around to a point where I can draw a bead on them. In most games that sort of thing simply pushes me away. I'm not getting that with RO2.

I won't say that any feature is the "worst", as I understand different people have different tastes. What I may love someone else will surely hate. If I had to identify the feature I like least it would probably be a toss up between the automatic team balancing and the battlefield promotion. It sucks out loud to be settled in to playing the team and/or class of your preference only to be suddenly booted out of it randomly regardless of your performance.

Upvote 0