• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Beta Update Changelog - September 2

The idea that noone works at valve in the Steam department at weekends is proposterous. Of course they do, at least in the Server departments in anyway. What if they went down on Friday evening ? you really think they would wait till Monday to start fixing them ? no :)

At large companies like Valve there are employers working 24/7, but i guess it's possible not in the department where they distribute new games.

Upvote 0
The idea that noone works at valve in the Steam department at weekends is proposterous. Of course they do, at least in the Server departments in anyway. What if they went down on Friday evening ? you really think they would wait till Monday to start fixing them ? no :)

At large companies like Valve there are employers working 24/7, but i guess it's possible not in the department where they distribute new games.

It was stated a dozen pages back that on weekends, Steam only has staff available for emergencies. Updating a beta isn't exactly an emergency.

Upvote 0

Some companies shut down for certain holidays

Upvote 0
Of course. But likely not ones that offer a service as one of there key income revenues. You can't simply provide no support for a service for days on end.

They probably do what the guy above said, just have engineers working to keep things running.

Call in Centers in India

That's about as much support as you could expect.

I don't really consider some guys uploading files to be a "service" that customers ever notice; so it's not like they are taking more than a 100 dollar hit for not uploading the files on this weekend.

Upvote 0
I don't know, but if anything, Tripwire are losing valuable beta testing time. The more they (or Valve) delay this patch and the new maps, the less time they have for bug testing and bug fixing. Look at all the bugs we found in the first 4 days of the beta....

If you had been following the thread you would know the patch is at Valve right now, and since it's a Sunday, only emergency support staff are working at Valve.

Upvote 0
I want the new stuff as much as you guys, but when they said they were done, I assumed Monday at earliest, probably Tuesday. if you ordered a sweater from amazon, would you even question the fact that they only ship on business days? so much entitlement here, looks like a bunch of toddlers throwing a temper tantrum.
Looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a....

Upvote 0
If you had been following the thread you would know the patch is at Valve right now, and since it's a Sunday, only emergency support staff are working at Valve.

I have been following the thread since it was posted. If you know how to read, you would have realized that I wrote "(or valve)". I was trying to say that TWI should also put pressure on valve to release this update as soon as possible so TWI can get extra and valuable testing time.

Reactions: u-s-e-r
Upvote 0
This is the first crack in my almost endless well of patience ;). I'm pretty disappointed, and my guess is that our friends at TW are disappointed, too. If the patch doesn't update until Tuesday, that leaves less than ONE WEEk to cycle through the rest of the maps, during total crunchtime for TW.

So we will have spent a week testing three maps, and have less than that amount of time for the remaining seven or so. That will seem really rushed.

I realize beta testing isn't all about "map testing," there are game mechanics and bugs that are being tested and reported throughout, but it's still a bummer.

Upvote 0