• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Various Suggestions (Weapons, Perks etc.)

is tripwire going to bring out new weapons? it get abit boring using the same weapons over and over again, please bring out some new and better ones, make some cool m4a2 sopmods or summin with built on flash light and that make it more tactical considering we are supposed to be a team to exterminate the area of zombies, just birng new weapons out! haha

You could always reskin them with other weapons. :)

I would love to hae a go at this but sadly my mod skill is about as sharp as a soggy paper bag :)

Upvote 0
is tripwire going to bring out new weapons? it get abit boring using the same weapons over and over again, please bring out some new and better ones
If they brought out new weapons, you'd eventually become bored of those ones too; Then request more.
Eventually you'll wind up with a huge list of guns, and lots of imbalances, which "Might be good because there's so many guns", but a bit pointless since everyone will be using that one, strongest gun and the perk that suits it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If they brought out new weapons, you'd eventually become bored of those ones too; Then request more.
Eventually you'll wind up with a huge list of guns, and lots of imbalances, which "Might be good because there's so many guns", but a bit pointless since everyone will be using that one, strongest gun and the perk that suits it.

yep, I think we can all remember the Dark Days of the unbeatable m14/xbow well enough:p

Upvote 0
Yeah same, I i mean taking out a Scrake on normal is easy with 3 headshots, but bodyshots are useless. There should be no need to shoot a crawler twice. I understand that SharpShooter is meant for Head Shots and precision, I support that completely and hate people spamming ammo everywhere and then complaining they don;t have enough money, but it is underpowered just a fraction. I really think the m14 is beyond help, the red dots rubbish, body shots are useless and it has no descent sight and yes this has all been mentioned in other threads but these are the exact reasons I don't use this weapon. Otherwise it would be quite a good weapon choice.

Upvote 0
I wasn't thinking of the 1016 m14 and xbow; I was referring to before the sharpshooter got any nerfs, when the xbow was 400, the m14 could spam anything to death, and you would almost every team composed mostly of people weilding one of them. Dark Days.

Nowadays, people are arguing the exact opposite, that it calls for a buff, but thats besides the point. :p

Upvote 0

yeah but thats the whole point of increasing the difficulty so its harder, i mean im only talking decent guns like more assault rifles and snipers or summin just gives a variations for the players, the game will be unbalanced if people use them on beginner? thats not fun lol if you play on hard or normal or summin it not that bad becuase your just as outnumbered anyway.

Upvote 0
yeah but thats the whole point of increasing the difficulty so its harder, i mean im only talking decent guns like more assault rifles and snipers or summin just gives a variations for the players, the game will be unbalanced if people use them on beginner? thats not fun lol if you play on hard or normal or summin it not that bad becuase your just as outnumbered anyway.

I'm not catching your drift here...no seriously, I am having some difficulty actually understanding what has been said, can someone translate:eek:?

As for my opinion, I will just refer to the olden days where public servers were utterly ruined because everyone only used the two weapons that, at the time, were so horribly unbalanced that no one would ever choose otherwise. That was an example in game of what happens with such an imbalance; people will not even both choosing different guns and everyone will use the small percentage of guns that are ridiculously better than everything else. Difficulty makes no difference, as that isn't the problem, the problem is that a 'kill-all' weapon is just that, and will ruin the weapon variation (which is ironic, because isn't that the entire reason this is being suggested? variation?)

Upvote 0
Well I find that the SCAR whem i use it is absolutely lethal, i tear most hings to shreds, but it isn't really a fun weapon to use, where as I find that the Hunting Shotgun is brilliant, it is so immersive; you've gotta get up close and you can release so much power with the sacrifice of constant reloading. I'll generally use thta when I'm the medic because it's such a fun weapon. Same as the Crossbow, but ammo becomes scarce and expensive with that one...

I reckon as long as there are really fun guns to use (everyone will prefer something else), people will sue them whether there is a more powerful gun or not.

But obviously over powered guns are crap, we don't want them :D

Upvote 0
I'm not catching your drift here...no seriously, I am having some difficulty actually understanding what has been said, can someone translate:eek:?

As for my opinion, I will just refer to the olden days where public servers were utterly ruined because everyone only used the two weapons that, at the time, were so horribly unbalanced that no one would ever choose otherwise. That was an example in game of what happens with such an imbalance; people will not even both choosing different guns and everyone will use the small percentage of guns that are ridiculously better than everything else. Difficulty makes no difference, as that isn't the problem, the problem is that a 'kill-all' weapon is just that, and will ruin the weapon variation (which is ironic, because isn't that the entire reason this is being suggested? variation?)

your a twat man! all im saying is bring new guns out to just make it abit fun instead of using the same weapons! who gives a **** about the unbalance? if its soo unbalanced then play it on a hard difficulty so its not so easy and all the survivors are fying through the waves! just boring using the same wepaons all the time thats all im saying.

Upvote 0
personally, when i get the SCAR MK17, im just saying "yeah... its badass time..." and i have crap loads of fun firing it, but then again, thats my personal opinion but there are just those few ppl that have fun with weapons that you wouldnt think were fun to use. the majority of ppl i notice are just the COD fanboys who want this and want thatand are never satisfied because they want guns from MW2, Black Ops and so on. in my opinion, possibly add 1 r 2 more interesting weapons that you commonly dont see everyday, because how i made it in my post, i was going to be like
"LOL! ADD SOME G18 AKIMBOS!! THAT'D MAKE IT SO RAPE!" then i checked another post, and some idiot got flamed for it... which was lol... long story short, i think the weapons in KF atm are fine, but MAYBE just 1 or more weapons to add to it just to keep it fresh and new, and hell, why not take a weapon out?

Upvote 0
your a twat man! all im saying is bring new guns out to just make it abit fun instead of using the same weapons! who gives a **** about the unbalance? if its soo unbalanced then play it on a hard difficulty so its not so easy and all the survivors are fying through the waves! just boring using the same wepaons all the time thats all im saying.

But playing on a higher difficulty would actually make the problem worse, as everybody when be compelled to use the unbalanced weapon. This isnt about unfairness to specimen, its that your solution would make the problem worse, and the solution for your other solution would also make the negative effects worse! :p

I'm all for new weapons, but I would like a trickle of really useful, balanced and well thought out weapons than a boatload of unbalanced or useless weapons.

Upvote 0
Yeah mate, everyone is happy to get new weapons, but as timur said, if they aren't balanced they ruin the game. I perosanlly want to see an Mp5, G-18, L96 Sniper Rifle (or L115A3, but they pretty much look identical) and maybe an M4 Carbine since these are all my favourite guns from Counter Strike. But every single one already has an equivelent weapon in game.

Mp5 - Bullpup
G18 - Mp7
L96 - Crossbow
M4 - Ak-47

If they can fill a niche that the game needs I'd love to see them, but if not I don't expect TWI to break off from ROHoS and add more content that doesnt really serve any purpose for free.

Upvote 0