• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Killing Floor Summer Sideshow Event

Upvote 0
Peeeeerfect!
When i saw the update, i thought i would be able to play just a few days, you know, be able to get that steampunk foster before my vacation. Oh well, delays come and go. Another event player im not gonna get...
By the way, i advise you, TripWire, to put the steampunk foster IN the purchase pack with the other steampunk playermodels. Don't put it in a way so you have to win it by buying a ****load of games and playing achievement missioins and so on...Just please, i bought like every other character pack ._.

VALVe's the only greedy bastard earning on that one you see.

Upvote 0
Not too sure why some people are so bothered that the event is late. Its free for gods sake!!

Yeah its a day late, but then again surely if you organised your time around an already non-concrete deadline for a games near month long summer event you don't actually have that much to be getting on with in reality anyway?

Thus, whats the big deal?

I'm just happy we're STILL getting free stuff and events, this long after release. I've had this game since a few days after release and very few games in recent years have been this well supported (TF2 being another good example).

I was a bit miffed that I couldn't shoot a few clowns in the face before bed last night but its hardly something I think I should be bothered by (come on, read that statement again - should ANYONE be that fussed?!). That would simply be an unnecessary way to kill everyones mood :p

I'm looking forward to it XD That and despite what many (foolish?) people say they are not, and were not at christmas, just reskins :p

Someone has a good sig that points this out, not sure who though...

Reactions: lammah
Upvote 0
Not too sure why some people are so bothered that the event is late. Its free for gods sake!!

Yeah its a day late, but then again surely if you organised your time around an already non-concrete deadline for a games near month long summer event you don't actually have that much to be getting on with in reality anyway?

Thus, whats the big deal?

I'm just happy we're STILL getting free stuff and events, this long after release. I've had this game since a few days after release and very few games in recent years have been this well supported (TF2 being another good example).

I was a bit miffed that I couldn't shoot a few clowns in the face before bed last night but its hardly something I think I should be bothered by (come on, read that statement again - should ANYONE be that fussed?!). That would simply be an unnecessary way to kill everyones mood :p

I'm looking forward to it XD That and despite what many (foolish?) people say they are not, and were not at christmas, just reskins :p

Someone has a good sig that points this out, not sure who though...

While some are miffed simply because the event is late, I think more are upset due to the fact that they put out a solid date, and then didn't give any sort of update when the event failed to launch.

Sure it's free, but you don't promise something, fail to deliver and don't give any explanation until a day after without expecting some kind of negative feedback.

Upvote 0
That may be true, though I doubt many people who order free boxes of chocolates through trials online write and complain when it takes longer than 'x number of working days' to arrive.

I understand what you mean, but to me it just seems odd to single out a free event for a computer game (which we're lucky to get) versus no end of other free/discounted stuff that, when late or even defective, most people shrug to.

Upvote 0
Kids nowadays think the world owes them and the fact that its FREE doesn't matter. They're just completely ungrateful, disrespectful and rude. I, and many other adults, very much appreciate the FREE content and other support you guys do for the game. Thank you for your hard work and if you need an extra day or even "god forbid!" two days to work out a few last minute issues on FREE content then np. I remember how much of a pain programming was in college. It can be a nightmare to find bugs sometimes. Thanks again for your hard work.

Last edited:
Reactions: d_masik and mokov
Upvote 0
The posts here, the KF steam group, facebook etc where we told you guys that we ran into last minute problems obviously do not count then.

Fail to deliver..... all right. We really should re-think this "give out free content" thingy.

I wouldn't mind paying for it just to avoid all the whiners and undeserving people that think they are owed TWI's hard work for FREE.

Upvote 0
The posts here, the KF steam group, facebook etc where we told you guys that we ran into last minute problems obviously do not count then.

Fail to deliver..... all right. We really should re-think this "give out free content" thingy.

That is an extremely poor way to handle this. Having the subtlety and maturity of a 6 year old girl when dealing with the community's shortcomings is not the way to go.

People were expecting an update on the 30th. I planned to come home and enjoy the updated KF all evening with my friends. Stood awake until 4 am waiting for the update, but it didn't come. So I shrugged it off and went to sleep. My suspicions were confirmed when I read that you were having last minute problems. This is no big deal.

I can see why some people would be pissed, and that obviously is not the way to go, but the way you guys over TWI have dealt with it is simply immature. Threatening to cut off the free updates, while it's something you're obviously entitled to do, will only invoke negative reactions and it makes people think you don't make these updates for fun or love for the community, but instead as some sort of required business move that you all loathe following. But after so many free updates, additions and refinements I highly doubt this is the case.

If there're haters who don't provide constructive criticism and aren't willing to accept that a small company hasn't met a public deadline due to unexpected problems, just screw them. Focus on the people who said "it's okay, TWI, we still love you guys", not on the people who said "these guys over TWI should get a clue about making updates". Why give them the benefit of attention, instead of giving it to your supporters?

Likewise, even if you're going to reply to all the angry mobs, threatening to stop releasing free updates is a very stupid move. The haters won't care, but the supporting part of the community will think that they're being treated unfairly... which is exactly what you're going to accomplish with that attitude.

I don't like to berate TWI, I know you're the most affected by all this and I understand you're stressed and then all these haters come and start saying bad things. But lashing out at the entire community, including the appreciative members, is not the right thing to do.

That's my 2 cents. It's a pity this update wasn't shipped on the announced date, but let's not go ape**** insane over it.

Reactions: hal- and d_masik
Upvote 0
addiction

addiction

Addiction is a terrible thing, you can't wave a kick @#% update around in front of a game junky and make him wait.Its not cool. Many people are just excited about the renovation of an already sweet fps. Still checking over and over for update, Cant wait to kill the clowns. Keep up the good work and i will be more than willing to support the cause buy buying the dlc. Kill all clowns now.

Upvote 0
While some are miffed simply because the event is late, I think more are upset due to the fact that they put out a solid date, and then didn't give any sort of update when the event failed to launch.

Sure it's free, but you don't promise something, fail to deliver and don't give any explanation until a day after without expecting some kind of negative feedback.
dude its free content let them make it so there is no bugs we dont want to play a buggy update we want to play the awsome update they plan on giving us

Reactions: Faneca
Upvote 0
Kids nowadays think the world owes them and the fact that its FREE doesn't matter. They're just completely ungrateful, disrespectful and rude. I, and many other adults, very much appreciate the FREE content and other support you guys do for the game. Thank you for your hard work and if you need an extra day or even "god forbid!" two days to work out a few last minute issues on FREE content then np. I remember how much of a pain programming was in college. It can be a nightmare to find bugs sometimes. Thanks again for your hard work.

I don't see why you are hating at younger persons there. That's really the wrong place to draw the line.

Anyways, I'm still looking forward to play that update, tripwire, and I'm sure it will be alot of fun. Take your time on fixing things, what matters is that we'll have some hours of fun later on, in-game.

Upvote 0