• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 dead in Australia already :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just went to play a game just after 11pm tonight and there were was only one server with 6 players on it 2 months after the game was released.

Just for your information, Australian servers are the only servers in the entire asian region which includes, China, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand.

Luckily, Tripwire put in client side compensation so you can tolerate the game at 250 ping, oh wait they didn't.

Man, what a disappointment.

Those of us with a brain know why it has been such a failure, realism was chosen over fun. The funny but sad thing is that many here think the game is not realistic enough :(

Ok.. So it was not the stats-failure, the poor performance many are experiencing, or the myriad of other small and big bugs that still persists throughout the game?

I trust TWI will fix these issues in a couple of months.

Game still fun though. 165 hours of game time in retail alone. 70 in beta. Will still play, but hoping for the performance fixes to arrive.

Upvote 0
Just went to play a game just after 11pm tonight and there were was only one server with 6 players on it 2 months after the game was released.

Just for your information, Australian servers are the only servers in the entire asian region which includes, China, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand.

Luckily, Tripwire put in client side compensation so you can tolerate the game at 250 ping, oh wait they didn't.

Those of us with a brain know why it has been such a failure, realism was chosen over fun. The funny but sad thing is that many here think the game is not realistic enough :(

Firstly, wrong, here's why.

I play on the australian servers I play every night I've been in a full server every night since the beta. With Ro1 we were lucky to get a full server once a week.

Next, 11pm? That's a bit late. Did you notice it's a weekday? Some people have to work others have university or school. A few weeks ago people were playing up until the early hours of the morning but that has dropped off a bit lately. But last week I was playing until 1 am and the servers were still around half full.

Now another factor that you failed to notice. One of the major australian servers is having an issue where it's unranking every once in awhile. It's causing people to leave the server and either move onto another or just out right quit. Au/NZ has the players, tonight at around 7pm the servers were full I know I was playing on them but this issue cropped up and people slowly left as a lot of people care about their stats more than playing on a populated server.

The massive influx of players the game got from release were people who would have never stuck around regardless of what Tripwire did. The majority of the people who left are nothing more than tourists they played the game they might have found it fun but they immediately left because Battlefield 3 or something else was more their style. Even if they didn't like BF3 they might've just tried the game out and went back to whatever they were playing previously. A lot of people are like this and a lot of people have bad taste.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I still don't get why you guys can't grasp that its the realism that has killed the servers.

The more realistic, the less fun a game tends to be. RO1 was not realistic, RO2 is far more realistic than RO1 and you want it to be more realistic? The fact that you basically will instantly die now when in front of someone with even the slightest of skill means that the game doesn't have half of the epic moments of combat RO1 had.
And what games did you play before this?
What's the point in making it into something else when it can be a completely seperate game by itself.

It's not the "realism" which is killing it since it really isn't "realistic". Apart from a couple of HUD parts which are hidden, it's not much different from any other modern FPS.
It's the awfull netcode, the game breaking bugs and the (imo) failed release which killed it.

//edit @Kerc Kasha above me
I didnt know the entire Australian/Asian continent went to bed after 10PM ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: aD.Luoson
Upvote 0
//edit @Kerc Kasha above me
I didnt know the entire Australian/Asian continent went to bed after 10PM ^^
They don't it's more a factor of the stat issue than the time but considering RO tends to attract an older crowd to instantly expect full servers near midnight is a bit harsh. I know the past few weeks they have been that way but like I said, the stat issue emptied the server out tonight. I was there when it happened. Went from nearly full to 15 players to empty in the span of half an hour.

EDIT: another factor I failed to mention. Last week there was a big issue of people playing on bad servers. There's quite a lot of servers in Australia but only a handful can actually handle the amount of players they have set, the rest of them lag like crazy and are nigh unplayable. Yet people kept joining them because they had ****ing bots of all things on them, this server also ran under 'relaxed realism' which some people are hostile towards(myself included) and would choose simply not to play at all because of it. It also gives a bad impression to newer players when the populated servers are giving over 400 ping to local players and people refuse to move to servers capable of handling the player count because they couldn't be bothered sitting in an empty server until it filled

Last edited:
Upvote 0
People please have patience, many players are waiting till the next
patch. And when it is a good patch many players comes back to RO2.
Watch my words.

This.
Biggest reason for the decrease in player numbers is most probably the buggy/unoptimized state of the game.
If they manage to fix it I bet many will give it another try.
I don't think the making RO more casual thing makes too much of a difference. Maybe for the old veterans, but I for example didn't ever play the original. I still find RO2 something different than the average shooter, that's why I play it.

By no means was it justified to have it released in this state though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
People please have patience, many players are waiting till the next
patch. And when it is a good patch many players comes back to RO2.
Watch my words.

c6uq4.jpg

;)

Upvote 0

Realism was chosen over fun? Someone hasnt been reading the forums at all.....

The reason this game is dead is because it has an identity crisis, It doesnt know who its target audience is and as a result comes off as a game thats all over the place.

Ever heard of the saying "Jack of all trades and master at none" That applies for RO2. Its a game that tried to make everyone happy, and look where it got itself, from what I saw when I logged on at 10pm, 820 players and declining with each major release. Now thats not the issue.

The players will come back. Tripwire have to repair the game so that in the fans eyes, the game becomes a true sucessor to RO1. Now thats not going to be an easy task, But the majority of the people on the forums here who don't like RO2 in its current state have mainly had issues with things that can be changed without any major re-design required. e.g. Bandage speed, Realistic loadouts, game speed, performance etc. etc.

Just wait it out, RO2 will change for the better, Tripwire are listening but they don't have the teams that DICE and other big name developers have so it takes them longer to impliment these changes.

Besides, jump on ealier. I've found that at about 1-2pm aussie time the servers fill up, im usually on the game arena servers if theres a couple of people on, and if not, I'll go and play some BF3.

Upvote 0
I brought this game because we could have our own dedicated server and was able to map and mod for the game....... we have been waiting for TWI to rank our server and it still hasnt been done so our clan went and brought BF3 ane are playing that now, will they come back to RO2 when it finaly gets ranked? doubt it but never mind I can look over the mapping tools to get used to it and give me somthing to keep myself busy but NO because they ignored me when I asked for a key, yea I have played with the UDK and explored that (i'm not a mapping noob, I have made lots of cod2/4/5 maps) but its not quite the same and yes i knwo the tools are FUBAR but it would have been cool.
So am I peeded off? yes very but mainly because i tryed for months to get the clan interested in this game and most of the guys brought it but I/we feel so let down and every day I check to see if our servers ranked yet, I even look at the TW people comming on the forums and thinking "woot maybe now they are sorting our server" but no would it be so hard for them to check even once a day? either they dont care or..... umm cant think of a reason tbh, I have to goto the clan and explaine why we are paying so much for a core i7 12gig server when its not being used!!

Think i'll go start a cod4 map :p

Upvote 0
All I know is that my server browser is showing 77 servers at the moment and the first page is all loaded to the limit.

Seems perfectly fine to me!
And since you live in Belgium and therefor not anywhere near Australia, do you think it matters in any way to the thread starter or players from Au/NZ, that you see 77 servers and think it

Upvote 0
Only a slight joke there. It's hard to imagine that drastic a difference.
We're not exaggerating. Not only do we have fewer than half as many servers (35 below 150ms ping), but there's also a smaller RO community here than there is in Europe or America. On a good night we'll get maybe 15 or 20 players in one server. Otherwise it just looks like this the entire day and night.

ro2%20aussie%20community%202.jpg

I took this at 8:30 AM, but you get the idea. I'll take another at peak time, 9 PM or so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.