• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Germans either suffer from tunnel vision, extreme stupidity or deafness.

Poerisija

Grizzled Veteran
May 15, 2009
Spoiler!

I scored 68 kills with Mosing-Nagant.

I only died when I ran out of ammo and had to drop down to try find more, and was caught by 3 germans when I was unarmed.

Guys, really. Check those flanks.

I reckon it's probably because you were where a German normally lies and aims down at the Allies.

Couple it with uniforms sometimes being hard to distinguish between at times, and I reckon every German who saw bits of you probably would have assumed you were just another German.

Obviously, you were playing on a hardcore server otherwise minimap and killcam would have ended your streak.

Upvote 0
Agreed. What pisses me off is when some rooski camps behind the wall at grain elevator and snipes anybody that runs for the catwalk/ladders. Or at the top window of the grain elevator. Im usually the one that has to take the guy out single handedly...and its never hard to do. Im always sitting there after I kill the guy thinking "now that wasnt hard to do at all, lazy F**CKING TEAM"

NOBODY knows how to flank the enemy. everybody just follows eachother:

320sw0sw7847.gif

Upvote 0
Its also your position many times I will ignore enemy outside the capzone on my way to the objective.Unless I am killed by the same guy a few times preventing me from getting to the objective.Then I make it a point to find him even without the kill cam I usually can find them by the line of sight he is using and process of elimination.

Once the player is spotted he is at the disadvantage.Knowing where he is I can set up in Different spots giving me a surprise line of sight while his is no surprise.
Its always fun to get the drop on players like this but, if it goes on this long its more bad on them than good on the ambusher.

That's one of the things I love about this game the challenge of finding and killing snipers/campers.They have to do really good tho like you did for me to abandon the objective and go after a lone shooter.

Upvote 0
Its also your position many times I will ignore enemy outside the capzone on my way to the objective.Unless I am killed by the same guy a few times preventing me from getting to the objective.Then I make it a point to find him even without the kill cam I usually can find them by the line of sight he is using and process of elimination.

Once the player is spotted he is at the disadvantage.Knowing where he is I can set up in Different spots giving me a surprise line of sight while his is no surprise.
Its always fun to get the drop on players like this but, if it goes on this long its more bad on them than good on the ambusher.

That's one of the things I love about this game the challenge of finding and killing snipers/campers.They have to do really good tho like you did for me to abandon the objective and go after a lone shooter.

You are the type of guy the OP is describing to a "t." The German team I'm on always suffers from tunnel vision 'troopers' who can't clear out areas/objectives to capture the "flag." Very frustrating.

Upvote 0
You are the type of guy the OP is describing to a "t." The German team I'm on always suffers from tunnel vision 'troopers' who can't clear out areas/objectives to capture the "flag." Very frustrating.

That's a point of view its frustrating to me to try to take an objective and half the team is off hunting lone campers for kills.Unless their being really effective like this guy was they should be ignored.You can cap an objective while their camping winning matches is capping objectives not getting kills on some camper.Odds are when you kill them they will just go right back to the same spot.

Like I said if their really effective they should be killed preventing the blockers from slowing reinforcements to the objective.Teams can't be distracted by every enemy they see out of the cap some times like on this map its an all out rush to the capzones to win.

In fact Germans loose this map more buy ignoring objectives just so they can get in the top floors to kill the campers etc.There is a fine line here between rushing the objective and killing an effective player blocking reinforcements. You just have to be smart enough to know when to go after blockers.Like I said you cant be distracted by every one you see out of the capzone the focus of the battles should be on the objectives.

I make a point to kill effective blockers on the way to the cap and in the case of the OP the Germans should have done this.If they are only killing a few their better off left out of the cap.

I don't see how I fit the OP's Germans too a "T" I would not have ignored this guy as he was obviously being very effective.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gudenrath
Upvote 0
That's a point of view its frustrating to me to try to take an objective and half the team is off hunting lone campers for kills.Unless their being really effective like this guy was they should be ignored.You can cap an objective while their camping winning matches is capping objectives not getting kills on some camper.Odds are when you kill them they will just go right back to the same spot.

Like I said if their really effective they should be killed preventing the blockers from slowing reinforcements to the objective.Teams can't be distracted by every enemy they see out of the cap some times like on this map its an all out rush to the capzones to win.

In fact Germans loose this map more buy ignoring objectives just so they can get in the top floors to kill the campers etc.There is a fine line here between rushing the objective and killing an effective player blocking reinforcements. You just have to be smart enough to know when to go after blockers.Like I said you cant be distracted by every one you see out of the capzone the focus of the battles should be on the objectives.

I make a point to kill effective blockers on the way to the cap and in the case of the OP the Germans should have done this.If they are only killing a few their better off left out of the cap.

I don't see how I fit the OP's Germans too a "T" I would not have ignored this guy as he was obviously being very effective.

This game is a little more complicated than just capping zones before lockdown. You also have to kill the enemy and prevent them from killing you and your men. If lockdown had unlimited reinforcements, then yes, I can understand people blindly rushing to cap the closest point. However, if you run out of reinforcements you automaticly lose.

In any case, if a guy has a good firing position and taking out team members it's only common sense to take this guy out. If you know he's going to take the same spot again, it shouldn't be that hard to take care of him.

What if you were playing hard core mode? You'd probably watch yours and your battle buddy's back. That's how this game should be played.

Ultimatley, if everyone is doing their job, taking caps is no problem, without people making a mad dash in "taking the flag." This is very arbitrary. I don't even understand why we are even discusing this, if people would be more tacticly minded. Or atleast, study small unit tactics. But, it is a problem on public servers that's dragging this game down. It seems like the most grieved upon topic in this forum.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This game is a little more complicated than just capping zones before lockdown. You also have to kill the enemy and prevent them from killing you and your men. If lockdown had unlimited reinforcements, then yes I can understand people blindly rushing to cap the closest point. If you run out of reinforcements you automaticly lose.

In any case, if a guy has a good firing position and taking out team members it's only common sense to take this guy out. If you know he's going to take the same spot again, it shouldn't be that hard to take care of him.

What if you were playing hard core mode? you'd probably watch yours and your battle buddy's back. That's how this game should be played.

Ultimatley, if everyone is doing their job, taking caps is no problem, without people making a mad dash in "taking the flag." This is very arbitrary. I don't even understand why we are even discusing this, if people would be more tacticly minded. Or atleast, study small unit tactics. But, it is a problem on public servers that's dragging this game down. It seems like the most grieved upon topic in this forum.

I agree I was just defending myself after you called me tunnel visioned,stupid and deaf ... lol what did you expect. I have played Territory matches since 05 I have an understanding on what it takes to win matches in RO.

I fully understand why its important to kill effective blockers but,at the same time I see why people should go after the objective as well ...Like I said its a fine balance between both.People just need good situation awareness to be able to decide which one is most important to go after in the given amount of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gudenrath
Upvote 0
I didn't call you stupid or that other stuff. I'm just airing out some of my frustrations. But, your post reminded me of that picture. Therefore people just blindly rushing to their death without the backdoor being sealed first. If I was in that situation that you described about capping first, I would atleast, inform my squadmates that the enemy has a bead on them and where (SALUTE).

I agree situational awareness is very important in this game but it goes hand in hand with teamwork.

Realisticly, your not going to have the best platoon leader and squad leaders every battle. In real life they work in concert with eachother. The platoon leader pre ops that a different squad leader do different things. For instance, the first two SL assault the construction yard and the third lay down suppressive fire for the other 2. Preferably, towards the grainery and the mad Russians flanking in the side buildings. If the commander joins in the assault, you initialy have 4 smokes to help get the squads to the yard. Once that objective is complete, the platoon leader directs the next move. Pretty easy stuff, but I find that most people don't even spot enemy targets or report their own position or anything. The last battle I was in, the commander didn't even report he's using 'recon' and people didn't even check their maps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Agreed. What pisses me off is when some rooski camps behind the wall at grain elevator and snipes anybody that runs for the catwalk/ladders. Or at the top window of the grain elevator. Im usually the one that has to take the guy out single handedly...and its never hard to do. Im always sitting there after I kill the guy thinking "now that wasnt hard to do at all, lazy F**CKING TEAM"

NOBODY knows how to flank the enemy. everybody just follows eachother:

320sw0sw7847.gif

No not everybody.:D

I am always flanking or trying to get behind the enemy.:)

Upvote 0