• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The progression system should work in unranked servers too.

ledurpy

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 12, 2011
Here is why

Nobody uses unranked servers , which currently have server customization which users have begged for since launch.

Also in the future , if we want to use mutators we will have to use unranked servers , which , if there is no progression , nobody will really join anyway.

I propose either letting progression carry on over to unranked games , or getting rid of unranked/ranked all together and just make one big server list.

to be honest i dont even see the point of ranked/unranked games , its not like this game is hyper competitive anyway.

Last edited:
i do beleive it was said somewhere (im unable to cite just now, perhaps if someone else could for me?) that after a bit, many mutators would get white-listed for ranked.

Sure, but someone will need to test them, this means a lot of servers unranked, and since most players just don't care about unranked servers this will mean it will take ages to test/release modificators. Just get rid of the ranking damnit! I can rank up with bots but I can't rank up if I limit weapons on my server!? This is honestly one of the biggest bull**** I ever seen in my videogamer life.

Upvote 0
I personally never played on unranked because the browser will only show me the ranked servers (and only once - refreshing or changing tabs will make the list go empty and reports 0 servers).

I also don't know anything about the unranked servers. What settings they have (i.e. what cool or nasty things they have to offer).

I desire and prefer unranked servers with custom setups the way I want them. Such as some more HUD stuff to help identify friendlies by name, enabling squad play. And restricted, assymmetric loadouts. Perhaps altered, longer, spawn times. Less tank respawns. Lockdown removed (I kind of saw the point of it, but in practice it often makes the game stressful, more confusing and less interesting).

Perhaps we could advertise different unique unranked servers and their features, here on the forum. And the server browser fixed would help, too. :)

Upvote 0
I personally never played on unranked because the browser will only show me the ranked servers (and only once - refreshing or changing tabs will make the list go empty and reports 0 servers).

I also don't know anything about the unranked servers. What settings they have (i.e. what cool or nasty things they have to offer).

I desire and prefer unranked servers with custom setups the way I want them. Such as some more HUD stuff to help identify friendlies by name, enabling squad play. And restricted, assymmetric loadouts. Perhaps altered, longer, spawn times. Less tank respawns. Lockdown removed (I kind of saw the point of it, but in practice it often makes the game stressful, more confusing and less interesting).

Perhaps we could advertise different unique unranked servers and their features, here on the forum. And the server browser fixed would help, too. :)
honestly the only way to get rid of the issue is to just allow full customization in ranked servers and eliminate unranked making just one "server type"

i dont even see the point of having a ranked server if there are no leaderboards and you cant see players stats , its dumb

Upvote 0
This whole unlock bull**** has come back with a vengence to bite them in the ***..

You cant get stats for playing on more controlled servers becauise they are unranked..

You can farm bots on ranked servers !!!

You cant find enough populated servers because every other ranked server is called EASY STATS XP blah blah and has 2 people on it farming bots who kick you if you join..

Reactions: DasFist
Upvote 0
honestly the only way to get rid of the issue is to just allow full customization in ranked servers and eliminate unranked making just one "server type"

i dont even see the point of having a ranked server if there are no leaderboards and you cant see players stats , its dumb
I disagree. It is not the only way. Also, doing what you suggest has nasty side-effects. Unranked custom servers will especially manipulate available equipment. Something that the ranked system currently handles. Level 25 with PPSh = get a drum mag. No matter what.

Anyway, just to name a few possible solutions:

1. Yours. Make all servers ranked (unspecified how it would work).
2. Make unranked servers be listed first.
3. Make unranked and ranked servers listed together instead of separately.
4. Fix the bugged server browser (for some people) which currently displays only ranked servers.
5. Give more public attention to available unranked, custom servers, what they have to offer, and where to find them. Possibly as more filter options in the server browser.
6. My choice: Change the types of servers into three categories: "Standard", "Hardcore" and "Custom". Ranked or not being a checkbox in the filter settings, rather than displaying ranked and unranked as two main categories.

Upvote 0
You can use weapon unlocks, class levels and weapon levels and all that in non-ranked. you just cannot rank them up further.

Interesting, so this compounds the problem even further. If you only ever play unranked you could, in theory, wind up playing against people with "moar shiny" because they've been playing ranked against bots to level up, and then switched to unranked so they can "spank the noobs" with their shiny.

Oh dear :) ET:QW suffered exactly this problem - people chose to run unranked servers so they could improve the experience via server config tweaks, but struggled to fill those servers due to most players hopping straight on ranked servers instead. A pretty silly situation indeed.

Upvote 0