• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Excessive Load times

Srinidhalaya

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 20, 2011
First My rig...

Intel 2600k 3.4ghz (3.8 turbo) Quad Core
Asus P8P67 Deluxe Motherboard
Asus 580gtx 1.5gig DDR5
Corsair 8 GIG DDR3 @ 1600mhz
Windows 7 64bit
3TB Hitachi HDD 7200rpm @ 6gig/sec
Antec 1200w PSU OC Edition

Its not the worlds fastest rig, but it's not slow. I know a SSD would help a lot, but it shouldn't take as long as it takes to load a map. I've even set ALL the options to the lowest possible setting, and it takes the exact same time to load no matter what.
Pretty much ruins Countdown for me, cause I miss the first round always. Also puts me in the leftovers section for picking a role...

I've also noticed that when changing settings, only Texture Quality, Shadow Quality, and Lighting Quality change FPS for me. Everything else can be on and max and no difference if turned off. On Max settings I get around 20-30fps, but GPU only hits about 60% use. I know they are working on it, I even contributed to Yoshiro's thread about the performance thief. What I also noticed is my CPU is also underutilized massively.

Between my RAM and CPU, I should get decent load times but I don't. Friends with slower HDD's, slower CPU, and less RAM even load faster...

Your 3TB HDD doesnt run 6gig/sec; more around 70-146 MB/s tops, and SSD will be your best bet; or another HDD dedicated to your games drive (not OS, Page file, and games).

Also try overclocking your CPU (your chip can do 4.5-5.0 easily on air); so the 1 core thats being used will work quicker at its loading tasks.

Aside from that you can really do much but get the only 'big' upgrade an SSD, get a 60-120 ssd for 60-100 dollars.

Upvote 0
With Zotac GTX560 AMP! edition, 4GB ram DDR3 and an I5 750 i can run the game from 30 to 55 fps with EVERYTHING maxed out @ 1680x1050.

There isn't any setting that is not at the maximum available.

I have also a 120 GB SSD OCZ agility 3 dedicated to Steam, but i think that the HDD isn't your problem.....

Update your graphics and sound driver, and also clean your pc with Ccleaner and defrag your hard disk.

You have a software problem, absolutely.

EDIT: OF COURSE, it's clear that an SSD will help a lot ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Uh oh. It takes almost two minutes(!) for me to load a map.. Which I thought was just because of the beta, for some reason. Didn't realize its my box :( (which is just at or slightly below the min. required). I'm at medium settings.

Rats. It's frustrating when changing maps, or if I try to join a server and it ends up being full. Then I've wasted two minutes.

Upvote 0