• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapon: Barrett M99

Jack-Carver

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Barrett M99

The M99 is almost finished now and I thought it would be a good Idea making a thread to discuss. This Rifle should in no way make the Crossbow useless. Due to its high weight the crossbow still should have a right to exist.
The M99 will be the LAW for the Sharpsooter.
The Textures still need some changing so don't worry about them.

Credits:

Model: -=IVAN=-
Animatins: Jack-Carver
Texturs: -=IVAN=-
IK Handle Rig: -=IVAN=
(Model of hands from TWI)
Sounds: Jack-Carver
(edited form BFBC2)

Screenshots

Videos:

YouTube - -=Ivan=- & Jack Carver's Weaponpack

YouTube - M99 Barrett for KF.mpg

Stats:

Current Balancing:

With my previous post in mind, here is the stats and how it is affected by the Sharpshooter:

Perk - Sharpshooter
Cost - 4000

Last edited:
Barrett M99

The M99 is almost finished now and I thought it would be a good Idea making a thread to discuss. This Rifle should in no way make the Crossbow useless. Due to its high weight the crossbow still should have a right to exist.
The M99 will be the LAW for the Sharpsooter.
The Textures still need some changing so don't worry about them.

Credits:

Model: -=IVAN=-
Animatins: Jack-Carver
Texturs: -=IVAN=-
IK Handle Rig: -=IVAN=
(Model of hands from TWI)

Screenshots:

Stats:

Max Ammo: 25
Damage: 1 shot fp kills
Weight: 13 Blocks
Cost: 4000

Release: Very Soon!

NICE, I want

Reactions: Jack-Carver
Upvote 0
The barrett M99?Well,the only thing I want to say is

Cound you use the single bullet icon instead of the mag icon?The single bullet icon like the lar,not the mag icon.

Eg:LAR ammo status: 10/30 the sign before 30 is a single bullet icon.
SCAR ammo status: 25/14 the sign before 14 is a mag icon.

Hmmm I think I know what you mean...... We'll fix it. But what's the red color meant for?
Did I enrage you :D?

Also, what sort of noise does this make when you fire it? An earth shattering boom? Does it sound like a :IS2:? :D

Hmm we could use the IS2's firing sound :D. Lol atm we use the M95 fire sound from BFBC2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I really liked M95 animation from BFBC2, how you somehow made an animation that base on it. Anyway, +1.

Oh yeah looks quite like the animation of BFBC2 as it just is really cool! And with the IK Handle Right the anmiations now really look smooth and natural. Nothing to worry about there.
I guess you'll like it then.
Ok I'll upload a video :p

Do we still get the lazer pointer like in BW? :D And not the cheap M14 style one either.
Hah yeah we were thinking about that...... But imagine how overpowerd it is then :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh yeah looks quite like the animation of BFBC2 as it just is really cool! And with the IK Handle Right the anmiations now really look smooth and natural. Nothing to worry about there.
I guess you'll like it then.
Ok I'll upload a video :p
When? I can't wait lol, always love these weapon from you and your team.

Upvote 0