• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Last clot must die !

Just an idea here ( pardon my english by the way ).

I can't get used to that moment, where the team successfully take a swarm but didn't think about the shop movement. You just have to let one or two enemies alive, and go. You know that, everybody do that...Hope everyone will be agree that it's a immersion breaker ?

Should be a way to avoid that isn't it ?

-Maybe don't show the count of specimen ? But it will change too much the basics of the game.
So why not show us a approximation, a not exact % of specimen which are still alive instead. We won't be able to walk completely safe and easy to the merchant place. But have to stick together and move wisely.

-Make those 2/3 last one, kill them self quick if the team don't.

There are probably a lot of things to do to avoid that to.
Hope you guys will be agree, let me know if you think everyone don't care. :)

Maybe...

Maybe...

add a countdown timer at the last 2-3 zombies, like "You have 15 Secounds time to kill the last zombies or more will come"

Basicly,

15 Secounds time to kill 2 zombies, if they are not dead in 15 secounds, 15 more zombies will come ( or maybe more )

this will prevent players of saying "Hey lets not kill the last zombie so we can get to the shop fast... )

Upvote 0
add a countdown timer at the last 2-3 zombies, like "You have 15 Secounds time to kill the last zombies or more will come"

Basicly,

15 Secounds time to kill 2 zombies, if they are not dead in 15 secounds, 15 more zombies will come ( or maybe more )
More more ! ^^

That's work pretty well.
I do prefer that one to mine by the way. Less changes, and very effective.
I'd like to see that coming.

whats wrong with that??
As he said, i think that new idea ( which wasn't in the mod ) to make the merchant move is to force the team to do so, not camping in a safe place all the way. You'll have to move when you pass the hardest part of the round, it's a very good feature if you ask me.

But that "way" of waiting is for me an exploit of the game mechanics considering there no challenge when your team is moving.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Much better idea. If you don't kill these last specimens in the next 30 seconds, we're gonna send another 20 your way. That'd be so dope. It'd actually make for that last dash to own the last ones.
This would be a terrible idea. While it looks tame enough, it also means when the last spec is stuck (on environment or welded door) or slow, you get punished by more specs. This could trigger multiple times...

I don't like the idea of always going to the dealer at the last minute or at the beginnering of the wave (except, perhaps, on kf-farm). But the current system is ok I guess. There are more glaring issues, like the glitches.

By the way, the last specs will disappear after a set amount of time offsceen. I think this is to prevent enemies getting stuck outside the level and messing up a game.

Upvote 0
add a countdown timer at the last 2-3 zombies, like "You have 15 Seconds time to kill the last zombies or more will come"
Good idea, but there is one flaw with it. Players could exploit that and be able to get as much cash as they want, provided they don't run out of ammo, and even if they do, they can just knife the new enemies to death. To fix this, the extra 15 enemies spawned should not give you cash when you kill them.

Upvote 0
Specimens slowly lose HP anyway and die if theres around 6 or less remaining. If it's just a clot or two remaining, they usually die off in about 25-75 metres of running anyway. Anything above a clot takes a little longer to die.

And, in some cases, I have actually seen stalkers glitch and stay invisible somewhere on the map. This is very annoying on maps like farm and sending more specimens because you haven't killed the last one in time in this situation would be VERY annoying.

Upvote 0
whats wrong with that??

It bugs me because I have never had a problem with making it to the shop within the given time limit..sometimes you may only have 10-15 seconds to spare when you get there..but to me it makes it more fun to actually have a chance of NOT making it to the trader

Also I find that the people who say that are mostly bossy jerks who just get off on commanding people onlline

Upvote 0
I'm glad to see that i'm not the only one finding that proposition interesting ^^

Actually, that way of playing is even worse that i think. Yesterday, i was waiting for friends to join, and started alone. I let the 2/3 last specimens from the first wave alive, and i walked all the way in the map, looting every amo and weapon that i found, no stress at all...Defenetly, we should'nt be able to do so.

Of course there much more to fix before for tripwire, and of course too, there some actual glitch ( like the last stalker blocked ) which could make it seriously boring.

But i hope that proposition will be heard. Maybe we'll find other ideas to prevent that "tactic".

Upvote 0
Around the time that the trader announces "Come and get me!" or whatever, a timer should start. At the end of that timer, whether all of the specimens are dead or not, the shop will open and the count down to the next wave will spawn. The specimens will not despawn!

The time shouldn't be too strict, but definitely strict enough so that you don't have time to wander around the level picking everything up and heading directly to the shop before you put that last poor clot out of his misery.

This would actually encourage you to start heading towards the trader DURING the wave, which would be a lot more fun, rather than starting towards her with 1 or 2 specimens left. With the time in place, if you wait that long to get there then she will already be counting down to close, even if you left some specimens alive.

Upvote 0