• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Question] What can I ran at?

Jamer

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2006
Canada
So like a lot of people I too have started to be affected by the bugs. The game was running ok but the last patch started not showing the servers in the browser again.
As well I'm getting th RO.exe window crash again and a few other minor bugs.

I been looking around, reading posts and thought, I don't think I should have to tweak anything, My rig should be able to handle it but maybe it's my video card, I'm not sure.

I can get 60-65fps on high settings,
full gore
post processing - no
hardware physics - on
bloom - off
occlusion quality - normal

If I switch to ultra settings the fps are cut exactly in half, 30 fps

I'm asking please, what settings should I be able to run the game at when all the bugs get worked out and what kinda frames should I be getting or at least acceptable?

i7 2600k @ 3.40GHz
Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 motherboard
gpu-nvidia gtx 460 1gb
PSU- Coolermaster 750W
8GB Kingston ram
Sound blaster audigy
running at 1680x1050 @ 60hz res
Windows7 64bit
directx 11

I have all the latest drivers installed & blew all the dust out of my tower.
If I change my gpu to quality, performance or balanced in the nvidia control panel, there is only a difference of up to 5fps.

Also have all unnecessary background processes shut down including microsoft security essentials.

Thank-you for your time, cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Verluste
Well after the patch today my game is even worse, browser is still buggered, I've completely lost all sound and playing on ultra still gives me 30 fps, no change.
btw, my above post is not a joke, I'm a little curious why I can't get a little help when I see others with similar questions get lots of responses, oh well:(

I was hoping this patch would help, it was playable until the last 2 patches so maybe the next one will help. oh yeah, I'm also still getting the ro.exe crash but not all the time, seems it has a mind of its own.

Upvote 0
I have the GTX460 and a core i3, and I turned off depth of field and got a significant performance boost.

Also noticed that the level takes about 20 seconds to fully load and have my framerate up.

With depth of field off, I'm getting 30-80 fps, depending on the map and number of players. Playing on my own machine with 64 bots in fallen fighters or red october factory will put me at the low end of things, but still quite playable (30+ fps). I have most things on ultra, character detail on high and shadows on high with only light shafts and one frame thread lag checked. My resolution is also 1600x900 with field of view at 75.

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with the performance I'm getting. I think the OP, with a similar and better machine than mine, could get great performance too. I would definitely try turning off depth of field (search for depthoffield in your roengine.ini file and set to false). It gave me a huge performance boost and I even prefer playing with it off.

And it cracks me up when people say things like "I can play Crysis on max settings without a problem on my rig." Sure, but crysis is a different game, different coding, different engine, and despite all it's tree-waving and special effects, has nothing on the amount of detailed textures, expansive maps, detailed buildings (I mean have you checked out pavlovs house?) that ro2 has.

This is the best looking game I have played in a long time. Once you realize there are no green and shiny candy-coated palm trees in this wwII gritty shooter, you start to see the genius in the design.

Indeed, this is a well designed game with amazing graphics. And that I can play on almost ultra settings with my rig? total awesome.

but seriously, I've got to get back to playing some more.

Upvote 0