• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unlocks for the dp-28

The DP is nice as it is, and for realism fans it was the Soviet MG in service, you like it or not... the belt feed did not arrive till 1946...

there could still be some unlock like a mg34 bipod read some russians took those as the dp-28 bipod wasnt the best but by now I really dont care anymore the dp is fun as it is atm really getting loads of kills with that baby

Upvote 0
The SG-43 (pictured) would be a logical upgrade for the Maxims scattered around the maps, if they could be upgraded somehow for all players, but it was introduced after Stalingrad. Another upgrade/replacement for the Maxim would be the DShK.

sg43.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In CoD WaW you could unlock bayonets for some MGs. So much realism... :rolleyes:.

Anyway, I can't think of any suitable upgrade for the gun. In fact, I can't think of any suitable upgrades for a lot of the guns. I think only heros should have access to the really rare upgrades. And gypping the PPSH by giving you an extremely rare mag and making you level up before getting the extremely popular mag is really stupid.

The Ppsh-41 stick mag wasn't rare at all. The typical load out early in the war was actually one drum and three or four stick magazines. Later in the war, the drum was actually rarer because it caused issues with stable firing and was more complicated to manufacture than the stick magazines.

Upvote 0