• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapon: Horzine M7A3 Medic Rifle

Does this work in servers?

Does this work in servers?

I attempted to use this in my server with another person who downloaded it. (Even on the MK23 Original mutator) All the trader weaponry ceases to exist and they cannot see the weapon in my hand. Was this intended for Single Play or Multi-Play? Other than that its a very nice weapon.

Upvote 0
This gun is so lovely :D I've soloed a few games with it as a level 6 medic.

The Good:

• Recoil is satisfying.
  • Power seems quite balanced, coming from Hard solo.
  • Accuracy is very suitable for the kind of weapon it is.
  • The sound is very nice - suits it as a rifle.
  • Fire rate is great.
  • OMFG NEW GUN!!!1!!
The Bad:

• Doesn't have any medic perk bonuses assigned yet.
  • Recoil animation is way too much.
  • The sound needs a little "echo" - think of the other guns in the game.
  • Texture is too bright! - Could use darker colours, perhaps? The shininess is fine, IMO.
  • Reload animation is a bit wierd, as is walking animation - gun looks weightless.
  • I don't really like the fact that this gun has full-automatic, but that's just me.
  • The previously mentioned issues from other people.

I have an idea for balancing this, and (possible) future medic weapons.

First off, how much damage is the Mp7 capable of doing in exactly one second? Find that damage value, and then decide exactly how many shots the new medic gun can make in a second. Take that damage value, then divide it amongst the number of possible shots per second.

Example:

We know that the Mp7 does a maximum of 450 damage in a second, say the M7A3 does 5 shots in one second.

Divide 450 by 5 and we get 90.

A medic weapon that shoots 5 times per second gets 450 damage per second with 90 damage per shot.

A weapon that shoots once in one second = 450 per shot.
A weapon that shoots twice in one second = 225 per shot.

Use that kind of formula for all future medic guns! :p

I will leave this here before I start getting ideas about a new medic gun that i'd like to see...

EDIT

I noticed another bug with the Mk.23! When dual-wielding and you drop one pistol, you can't pick it up again. Also, it's possible to select between 1 pistol and 2 pistols, each sharing the same ammo pool and adding the extra weight. I'm sorry to report such a thing :( But on the bright side, the second issue isn't such a big one.

All in all, a wonderful pair of weapons! I would love to see these officially in-game, no doubts about it. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: lawszepie
Upvote 0
good job for that 2 weapon!

15bullet look not enought for the moment , but can be more balanced i the medic guy have advantage like less recoil and faster reload

tboth weapon are nice but one thing
realy important the muzzleflahs for both weapon are realy too big
take in comparaison with other weapon from tripwire

when you shoot with Horzine M7A3 in ironsight you can't see a ****
same for the dual Mk.23

the muzzle flash from your weapons are bigger then a handcannon or the EBR

the pics you sended
image.php
the muzzle flahs is realy too big in my opinion

Last edited:
Upvote 0
EDIT

I noticed another bug with the Mk.23! When dual-wielding and you drop one pistol, you can't pick it up again. Also, it's possible to select between 1 pistol and 2 pistols, each sharing the same ammo pool and adding the extra weight. I'm sorry to report such a thing :( But on the bright side, the second issue isn't such a big one.

All in all, a wonderful pair of weapons! I would love to see these officially in-game, no doubts about it. :D

This bug has already been fixed quite some time ago, but we don't know how to pack the KFGui and mod file into a mutator....

Changes for Weekend Bug-Fix:

Reload Animation
Fire animation
Less View Bob
Smaller Muzle Flash

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This bug has already been fixed quite some time ago, but we don't know how to pack the KFGui and mod file into a mutator....

How do you make the KFGUI and KFMod file into a mutator? Mutator's are extensions of the class mutator that are programmed to complete a specific task. What you mean is you need to get those two actor's that are causing the bug and ask a good modder to help you fix it.

Upvote 0
How do you make the KFGUI and KFMod file into a mutator? Mutator's are extensions of the class mutator that are programmed to complete a specific task. What you mean is you need to get those two actor's that are causing the bug and ask a good modder to help you fix it.

Anyway...... It's fixed. We just need to make a mutator out of it or pack it into a mutator (I'm no coder). So there's no reason to be frustrated :D, as the real Bugs are already fixed.

Upvote 0
An update will be released today, which contains all the fixes you guys wanted. So basically it should be the last Beta.
@Gooblaster: Apearently the Static Meshes folder was written wrong. If you just copied the folder into your KF it wont work. Copy the files out of that folder into your static meshes folder! And yes, it is a mutator.
Or wait a little bit and download the new Beta :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0