• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lee-Enfield

So, I keep coming back to this game every now and then just hoping to see one thing.

Why is the Lee-Enfield Mk.III still not in Killing Floor?
I mean, is there a decent reason?

I know I know, this has been suggested before. I was the first one to suggest it.

Over 3 years ago.

It's just. It's been requested by so many people since the game was released. Both old forum users here since the start and recent posts have consistently agreed it would be perfect.
It fits the scene.
It would be unique even among other weapons in the game.
I have not ever seen it in another game.
(Apparently it was in something called Royal Marines Commando, and the No.4 makes a very few appearances in a small selection of games, but that is the extent of the Enfield's coverage.)
It's a stunning looking weapon.

Please Tripwire. Stop making us wait.
='[

There's been a LOT of asking for a Lee Enfield rifle in KF. I think it'd make a fantastic "sidegrade" to the LAR. It'd carry 10 rounds, be a smidge more powerful, and a bit slower. Also more stylish, and it's fed by two clips of 5, as opposed to the tubular magazine of the LAR. It'd be a real nice gun to have. What's more, it fits the setting.

Reactions: Renagade Raven
Upvote 0
u want a scope on that?

If you did what Tripwire did in RO2 and make the player able to switch between the scope and iron sights, I would love you.

But would it be possible to do both one with a scope and one without? I mean, from what I understand, the early version of a Lee-Enfield project will obviously not have the scope put on it. Save that Enfield, and go the extra mile to put a scope on it like you were going to in the first place anyway. Weew, two guns.

Upvote 0
well, here's these two:
enfields.jpg

i have been thinking about how to toggle between iron sights/scope in kf, for some other guns i have modded, but not sure how intense that would be too code (ie: HARD)

but gimme some time and i'll throw out a quick mut so you can use these.

Upvote 0
There's been a LOT of asking for a Lee Enfield rifle in KF. I think it'd make a fantastic "sidegrade" to the LAR. It'd carry 10 rounds, be a smidge more powerful, and a bit slower. Also more stylish, and it's fed by two clips of 5, as opposed to the tubular magazine of the LAR. It'd be a real nice gun to have. What's more, it fits the setting.

A bit slower you say?

Enfield rifle NO4, speed shoot - YouTube

Upvote 0
ok so i was just going to do the enfield, then figured, why not include more?
here's the meshes/anims i got so far, still gotta do the coding:
enfield no4, enfield no4 scoped, carcano, thompson 1928, thompson m1a1, sten mk2, steyr roth pistol, stey m95, m1 garand, m1 carbine, colt 1911, springfield 03 scoped, mn91/30, mn91/30 scoped, mab38, enfield no2.... i think thats it...
i'll add the g41 (clip fed), should i add the g43 (mag fed)?
so far with textures/meshes/anims (no 3rd person anims yet... dunno if i wanna do them too) it's 87mb for textures, 87mb for anims, which seems odd so maybe i'm saving into the same pkg, i'll figure that out when i get home later today.

edit: i still have to fudge with some of the anims cause of how kf does the iron sights stuff.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
enfield no4, enfield no4 scoped, carcano, thompson 1928, thompson m1a1, sten mk2, steyr roth pistol, stey m95, m1 garand, m1 carbine, colt 1911, springfield 03 scoped, mn91/30, mn91/30 scoped, mab38, enfield no2.... i think thats it...
so far with textures/meshes/anims (no 3rd person anims yet... dunno if i wanna do them too) it's 87mb for textures, 87mb for anims, which seems odd so maybe i'm saving into the same pkg, i'll figure that out when i get home later today.

edit: i still have to fudge with some of the anims cause of how kf does the iron sights stuff.

I always thought the Enfield and Sten would be among the most appropriate weapons for this game, along with a .455 Webley revolver; it doesn't get too much more English than that. At least, from a rebellious colonist's perspective.

We used to have a Enfield No. 5, the so-called "Jungle Carbine", in the family arsenal. It wasn't a tack-driver, accuracy-wise, but, while hunting with my brother several years ago, he bagged a large deer with it, and it dropped where it stood. We paced the distance at about 125 yards or so, (114m). The comb of the stock was a bit too low for me to get comfortable with it, but it was a powerful rifle, and had a somewhat nasty appearance.

Upvote 0

I think I love you.
Are you getting all these models from RO? I thought RO was just Russia and Germany.

Upvote 0