• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam Groups/RO2 servers...what the?

subhuman

Mar 19, 2006
Hi

Don't know about the rest of you but is it just retarded the way:

a) you can't manually add/search for RO2 servers to your server list using the IP address
b) The RO2 server screen doesn't always show/filter servers that are actually online
c) You can't even use any of the Steam Groups (RO2 or otherwise) to find out what servers everyone is playing on because Steam doesn't even let you send messages to people in your own Steam Group!!!!

???

So many times I have cranked up RO2 to find that the local server I normally look for/play on doesn't even appear in the list. This has happened for days in a row. When I finally get lucky on a day the server is up and ask people has this server been down, they all tell me it is a 24/7 server. So WTF is up here?

They're still figuring out the server browser, it's not like it's that important in a mp game

Dude, when you live in Australia and only ever see at most 1-2 Aussie (ie. low ping) servers in the browser at any one time amongst a bunch of other +300ms ping servers, when you can't see any of those local servers (for whatever reason) like I can't see now, you can forget about playing RO2. Not important? It determines whether I can play or not.

Upvote 0
Hi

Don't know about the rest of you but is it just retarded the way:

a) you can't manually add/search for RO2 servers to your server list using the IP address
b) The RO2 server screen doesn't always show/filter servers that are actually online
c) You can't even use any of the Steam Groups (RO2 or otherwise) to find out what servers everyone is playing on because Steam doesn't even let you send messages to people in your own Steam Group!!!!

???

So many times I have cranked up RO2 to find that the local server I normally look for/play on doesn't even appear in the list. This has happened for days in a row. When I finally get lucky on a day the server is up and ask people has this server been down, they all tell me it is a 24/7 server. So WTF is up here?

Snowy Oak is right about yes you can enter your own ip address.

You can send messages to people in Steam who are on your friends list - be sure to add your friends on Steam

Be sure to add any server you play on to your favorites list if you are afraid it may not show up later for whatever reason - it works

Occasional ping and other network factors make adding friends to Steam Friends and server favorites to the "server favorite" list the way to go - you can always go back and add server favorites from the "recently played" list too

Upvote 0
I didn't find many servers at all on gametracker. Much more on game-monitor: http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?game=ro22&num=100

ehm.. now gametracker found as many. Doesn't seem very reliable =(.

You can always join on them though without talking to them. Also you can talk to people but they have to accept before you can start a conversation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0