Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS General > General Discussion

Old 12-19-2013, 11:32 AM

lol @ this thread.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Univermag's ghost View Post
Why nobody wants to play custom maps?

-Download time with slow PCs
-The most of them are in beta version
-Even in final version, there are maps that make people cry beacuse they have waited to download them! cofff...streets..coff... tank factory in the center of stalingrad...coffcocofff ehm ehm
Streets isn't in the centre of Stalingrad, even so, the Soviets had tank factories all over and they kept them going while under siege wherever they could produce them. It's meant to show the desperation of the situation. If that makes you cry then you're a waste of time

Last edited by PsychoPigeon; 12-19-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Univermag's ghost View Post
Why nobody wants to play custom maps?

-Download time with slow PCs
-The most of them are in beta version
-Even in final version, there are maps that make people cry beacuse they have waited to download them! cofff...streets..coff... tank factory in the center of stalingrad...coffcocofff ehm ehm
-The custom maps have sometimes no minimap
-And when they have minimap it sucks and have no objectives painted in (ok, sorry for my english!)
-Download time
-And the worst of the reasons...ladies and gentlemens... beacuse they think that the majority of people leaves the full server when it goes on custom map!

Mix these reasons together and you'll know why.

The ideal would be automatic download for the final version ones and optional download for the beta version ones (yes, also the ones that are ok but have a bad minimap).

Looking at your statements above I have to ask have you actually played many custom maps ?

Gameplay wise they're amongst the best for game play
re: downloads the answer to this is look at the server ping before you join sumit that's the other side of the world from you
re: minimap have to say I rarely use this as I tend to know where I am on map
re: streets this cracking map
Old 12-20-2013, 12:52 AM

please TW put all the good customs inside the game and make ro2 with 100 gigs.
that's fine for me.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:29 AM

Please TWI use the uz3, it's fast download and help redirect server band width traffic

Last edited by crazy monkey; 12-20-2013 at 06:38 AM.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
If your having to constantly redownload the same maps, again and again....the problem is on YOUR end.

Actually, I blame UE and TWI for the constant redownload problem. A simple edit of the default ini files fixes having to redownload too often. Mr. Moe should probably add that to his list of reasons as well.....
So Epic messed up the UE and thats my fault..

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfanboysmustdie View Post
Simple, Most of them are simply not fun. Or not good enough. 2 out of 3 contest winners map are not fun to play. (wow some people have different opinion, so weird ha ? )
For me the only crappy map is that winter map with the big *** warehouse in the german spawn, with the crashed plane in it. Seriously.. the map layout is terrible. If you ever imagined what it would be if there was map thats just flat ground - well, thats the perfect map for you. Just 10% of the whole map are more "complex" while the other is just one big flat ground. Its great for bolt action rifles, but besides that its very boring map. The first 5-10 min when the attackers have to climb up the hill to the trenches are awesome and after that its painfully boring.

"If I had German soldiers, German technology, and German officers, I could rule the world." - Adolf Hitler
Old 12-20-2013, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post

For me the only crappy map is that winter map with the big *** warehouse in the german spawn, with the crashed plane in it. Seriously.. the map layout is terrible. If you ever imagined what it would be if there was map thats just flat ground - well, thats the perfect map for you. Just 10% of the whole map are more "complex" while the other is just one big flat ground. Its great for bolt action rifles, but besides that its very boring map. The first 5-10 min when the attackers have to climb up the hill to the trenches are awesome and after that its painfully boring.
Rakowice. It's a reboot of an RO1 map, and it's worth pointing out that it's supposed to have half tracks.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
They have a topic on that map here. Your contribution on that map is welcome there. A pity its all water through the Rhine.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:21 AM

Quote:

Dude, racowice is awesome, and it is a riflemans map, something people in the community complain we don't have enough of.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoPigeon View Post
Streets isn't in the centre of Stalingrad, even so, the Soviets had tank factories all over and they kept them going while under siege wherever they could produce them. It's meant to show the desperation of the situation. If that makes you cry then you're a waste of time
The vast majority of them were transferred far away (even behind the urals), but some of them remained, beacuse they were too big to be transferred, like the tractor factory in Stalingrad.

However, the russians blew up every factory and even sown their fields with sunflowers to prevent their resources to fall into enemy hands, so, if the tractor factory (one of the biggest of the USSR) had been at risk of falling into enemy hands (like it happens in "streets") they would have certainly destroyed it. And now let me cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyps View Post
Looking at your statements above I have to ask have you actually played many custom maps ?
If I see an half-full custom map server, I am the first to join it.
I like some maps and I hate other maps, but it is a matter of tastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyps View Post
Gameplay wise they're amongst the best for game play
re: downloads the answer to this is look at the server ping before you join sumit that's the other side of the world from you
re: minimap have to say I rarely use this as I tend to know where I am on map
re: streets this cracking map
re(minimap): I think a good minimap is important when you play a map for the first time (first 1-2 minutes).
Then there's recon, arty marks and other important things that I can do better, with a good minimap.
This doesn't mean that I don't want to play maps with bad minimaps, but I get annoyed if I play a map WITHOUT minimap.

re "streets this cracking map": what do you mean for "cracking map"? I don't speak english very well, so i don't know this slang.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpz38 Hetzer View Post
Dude, racowice is awesome, and it is a riflemans map, something people in the community complain we don't have enough of.
I never said it isn't rifleman map. I even pointed that out But still there are better rifleman focused maps out there.

"If I had German soldiers, German technology, and German officers, I could rule the world." - Adolf Hitler

Last edited by Rattler; 12-20-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:53 AM

You do all realize that Rattlers view on the game is through a very, very small window? As he's told us before, he only plays as Axis, only RO2 maps and also apparently, only stock maps.

Hardly the opinions of a well rounded and experienced player.

Rackowice is a great map.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:55 AM
Banned

Rattler is a classic nazifanboy.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:07 AM
On Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoFanatic View Post
Rattler is a classic nazifanboy.
No he's not. I am offended.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugNut View Post
Rackowice is a great map.
It is a great map, and unless I am wrong, it is no longer a custom map but official, so why is it mentioned at all here?
Old 12-20-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugNut View Post
You do all realize that Rattlers view on the game is through a very, very small window? As he's told us before, he only plays as Axis
I may play as Axis only but I play on Campaign only since it was added into the game so it really doesn't matter which side I pick because I play through the Allies point of view too. The only difference is the player skins, which is not relevant to the maps. I experience them both as attacker and defender, making your Axis only argument invalid.

Also I never said I never play custom maps. I play custom maps from time to time

@ RoFanatic, I am waiting for IC:V release to change the appearance of my profile so you can start calling me USA fanboy :P

Last edited by Rattler; 12-20-2013 at 01:24 PM.